SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
c9pilot

Master Bathroom Help (new construction)

4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello, Friends!

We are speaking to the architect soon but trying to come up with better ideas for the master bath in this Florida Keys home. I hate this shower (pictured below) and also want to enclose the toilet for privacy. And I'd like a little seat for shaving my legs.

The only other thing is that the vent from the range hood in the kitchen below will be somewhere in that closet.

Master BR is at the top of the picture, window over the tub faces south (very close but shorter house next door), and the room to the bottom is an open space where the stairs come up and door to a patio (used in "model" as an office).

Here is the shower in the "model". I just LOVE how you have to reach under the cold water spray to turn it on. I know that you can move the controls across from the spray but I just don't like this dark tunnel shower anyway. And ours will be a simple rain shower, not those weird wall spray things.

My preference is to enlarge the "pop-out" for the tub to include a shower like the combo below. However my husband thinks it's too expensive a change. I just don't have the imagination to figure out where to put the sinks and this is hard! GW please help!

Comments (12)