SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
esther_lorenzo62

Seduced by natural brass? Or is this pull a good idea?

Esther Lorenzo
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I've gone down a long dark hardware hole and emerged loving unlaquered brass. Hubby dislikes it but is willing to be convinced. I've pictured color samples of the Oxford white fabuwood Shaker cabs (sitty in basement waiting to be installed), Cambria Ella countertops (purchased at a deal before tariff price increased it! Just waiting for cabs to template), large format 2x2 gray stone look-ish tile (already installed) plus Pottery Barn dark farmhouse light (it's the base piece of it, most of light is clear glass schoolhouse light over sink). Also purchased pottery Barn iron/very dark bronze-ish chandelier for adjacent dining room with gunstock/cherryish stained hickory wood floor that was here when house was purchased and will be staying.So, cab guys will install hardware for free if it's here when they do can install, but my brain has hit some kind of wall. I can't seem to decide. I've even gone so far to stop at a local iron fence making shop. They were actually willing to look at making me large (8 or 9 inch bc I have twelve 30inch to 33inch wide drawer bases) iron pulls. Natural iron, not black which I think would be too dark. That's another look I love. Why don't I like the typical finish choices? IDK. Maybe I'm just oversaturated at this point or maybe the unlaquered brass really does look great against the white cabs and Ella counters. I think so but my cabinet guys and hubby disagree. Your OPINIONS are very much appreciated! I'm a big girl and I can take it if you think it looks hideous, and I might go with it anyway! I'm just seeking some fresh points of view at this point that might enlighten me, help me look at it in a new way etc.

Comments (8)