SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lls4f

I’m back with another floor plan

4 years ago

Pick it apart!

Some things to get out there first:

To be in this neighborhood, we have to go with builder plans and adjust them to our liking. I asked about using an architect of our own and in this neighborhood it’s not an option. And it’s not the builder setting that policy because they told us if we want to do that in another community, they’d be happy to. But we can’t here and we want to be in this neighborhood because it will let our twins go to a brand new elementary school and the middle and high schools with the best test scores (and the high school where husband and I went!), it has every amenity we could want (pools, swim team, dog park, walking trails,ale recreation). I now know the message is to use an architect but in this case I’m willing to have a less perfect house in order to be in this neighborhood.

I know you guys will immediately point out the butler’s pantry being dumb because it doesn’t connect kitchen to dining and I agree! I just can’t figure out a better alternative for it. And the pocket office is silly too.

I love the giant living room. We are living room people.

Our lot faces south west and it’s a narrow lot but we will not have neighbors on the left side of the house

I also think the jack and Jill is an advantage though I know others here hate them (two kids but only one bathroom to clean!). I hate the closet location in bedroom 4 though and will move that.

I also know you’ll hate the long skinny master walk in. That’s the kind of closet I have now and I agree it’s not ideal compared to square. I’m going to ask about how we could square that up

Comments (58)