SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeanjeanremodelmachine

Help me bring out the blue in this tile?

Mittens Cat
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

A year or so ago, I saw this photo on Instagram and fell hard for the blue-green tile (Iris Aquamarina). I contacted the designer and tile supplier (both in Australia), but hit a dead end as far as finding it anywhere in the States. Then last week, lo and behold, I'm sitting at my favorite tile store and looked up and...there it was! Iris Aquamarina. Right in front of my eyes! Amazing!

I was euphoric...until I took it home. Under every type of light except fluorescent, the blues and greens vanish and it looks just grey. Not a bad gray, but still. I don't really want gray on my bathroom vanity wall.

Now I'm wondering if it's worth mixing in a few fluorescent bulbs (ack) into my bathroom lighting, just to bring out the beauty of this tile? Alas, I don't seem to get the same effect with cooler color LEDs.

I really love this tile and hate to give it up. It looks fantastic with the graphite slate tile I've chosen for the floor. Any color or lighting wizards out there know what to do? Thanks

Here's the photo I fell in love with (still trying to figure out how they got the tile to look so blue in this photo--was it artificially lit? There's a window to the left. Does Australia have cooler/bluer natural light than California?):

Denman Prospect Residence · More Info

Comments (53)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert