SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynncoggin

Exterior Paint on a 1906 Tudor Revival and LOOK at my new windows...

lynncoggin
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi there everyone! So there is this...we are having our exterior painted next week. Last week, we had ten windows (all on the front rooms of the house) replaced with Pella windows and the exterior of the windows is Black. As you will see, there is gray stone on the first floor (and basement) of the house while there is tan pebble dash stucco on the top two floors. The stucco has never been painted and we are NOT going to paint the stucco. The trim and tudoring around the house will be painted. Since the new windows I ordered are Black, my thinking was to have all of the other 40+ windows painted Black and having the trim and tudoring painted a creamy white. I really hope I did not make a bad decision in choosing Black exterior windows but now I have to go with it regardless. I have been a Realtor for over 24 years and have always been great with colors, staging, decorating for my clients, family and friends. Now it is my turn and I am stuck...YIKES! ;) Anyway, any suggestions, photos, paint colors you can throw my way would be so very appreciated! Thank you to my Houzz family and I look forward to hearing your thoughts. Oh, also, I am using my beloved Benjamin Moore so if you have any recommendations, I would really appreciate it. Sherwin Williams would be my second choice. Thank you, thank you! <3 Here are the photos...

Comments (18)