SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
salonva

Disgusted with FITBIT "help" call

salonva
4 years ago

I was given a Fitbit Ionic upon retiring last July. I didn't set it up right away- I am not sure when I did that but I think it might have been around September or later. From time to time it seemed like it wasn't tracking properly but I wasn't sure. I called once or twice and we restarted and resynched and it seemed ok.

Today, I was in my zumba class and looked at the steps. It was 2091. This was after maybe 20 minutes. It seemed kind of light to me, but I thought oh well. The class went on for another 40 minutes and each time I looked, you guessed it- it was 2091. I left the gym, walked to my car (normally a good 400 to 500 steps) and then walked into my house. Yes still 2091.

Anyway I called Fitbit and they were so unhelpful. Yes, restart. Guess what the same 2091. restarta again, suddenly it is 2100 steps. Normally it would be over 6000.

After about 10 minutes with their helpdesk, I have come to learn that although they have records of me calling even with in the past 3 weeks, that they need to check their helpdesk files and then I should call back tomorrow. I spoke to the supervisor and she said there is no one with more authority than her. She cannot authorize replacement.

I know this is a first world problem, but it is very frustrating when they acknowledge there is a problem but I need to devote more time to fulfill their requirements.

There I vented.

Not a fan of fitbit.

Comments (10)