SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
becky22546

How do you use a handmade quilt and still have a stylish room?

Becky
4 years ago

We moved into the new house in March, and I still haven't decided what to do with my bedroom. I need to buy some furniture pieces (nightstands & headboard) & bedding, but I don't want to do that until I have a design plan. I have access to some handmade quilts that my Great Aunt made. I'd love to use one or two, but I don't know how to use them and still get a beautiful design. I know I can hide them & use them as blankets, but these were both pieced and quilted by hand, so I'd like to incorporate them into the design. I tried searching online, and while I see beautiful quilts, I don't see any inspirational rooms. Does anyone have tips for using a handmade quilt and still have a stylish room? I don't need these to be the primary bedspread, but would like them to be a focal point in the room. Any suggestions? I'll be asking for more help with the furniture pieces, but for now I'm just trying to figure out if I can get a design I like while using them, or if I need to ditch the idea of incorporating them into the room.

Comments (20)