SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beckington

Can you help me figure out my lighting for my kitchen?

beckington
4 years ago

I'm feeling so overwhelmed right now, trying to figure out all the details for our reno. Who knew there was so much to know??!

On the top of my list - our lighting. Specifically for our kitchen, though the kitchen is open to our family room which will have a simple semi-flush light in the middle of the room and floor/table lamps as necessary.

The plan is to have pot lights in the kitchen, with one or two sconces over the window. The hood will have a light. We are considering undercabinet lighting but I just can't imagine using it. It feels like a nuisance already to have three potential lighting sources, let alone four! But I know people love undercab... I don't want a pendant or similar over my kitchen table because the shape of it will change and it'll move about a bit, but I do want lighting for it so I guess a pot light?

Where would you put pot lights in this kitchen? Do I absolutely need undercab lighting?

Yes, I'll be talking to our GC and electrician about this but would like to learn from the wise ones of Houzz as well. :) Thanks so much!!

These plans haven't been completely finalized, but should give you a good idea:

Comments (4)