SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crthomson3

30" double Monograms died suddenly. What now?

crthomson3
4 years ago

All, out of the blue I am shopping for new ovens. I described what happened in my other post about kitchen appliance reviews after 12 years, but in a nut shell, they worked one day and the next day they both over heated like crazy, started smoking, the whole cabinet was hot, etc. When I called for service they said that at 12 years old they are probably not worth repairing.

I was quoted $5600 to replace with new double Monograms. Sticker shock after 12 years! When I dove deep on here, searching by name brand for posts that go back many years, I came up with a short list--

Bosch 800 series $3299--one rolling rack upper oven only, digital controls

Bosch 500 series $2999 --no rolling racks, knobs,

Wolf E series $6580, digital, one rolling rack

Would also consider the GE profile or Cafe... but I can't find the sheet with the specs and price.

I went to two stores to look and play with models, but felt so overwhelmed. I took my most used cookie sheets, baking trays and all fit in all the models.

I bought the Monograms 12 years ago for the knobs and because I bake alot and was dying to try convection and all the other modes. I played with convection and the other modes for a while but I guess I didn't like the results enough and over time realize now that I bake exclusively with standard bake. Tried but didn't keep using the probe for cooking meat.

Now, the kids are all gone, I eat less meat and I mostly grill if I do cook meat. I still love to bake but have the use of standard mode down to a science with great results, plus I bake way less often anyway since less people are home to eat my creations.

Preferences--knobs not digital, rolling racks (love them in the Monograms), reliable temperature--I set 350, I want 350, little to no repairs (had 12 repair free years with the Monograms, then they died hard LOL)

Any recommendations that fit the bill?

Thank you so much!

Comments (7)