Smile Today - 7/11

Annie Deighnaugh

There's a strange new trend at the office -- people putting names on food in the company fridge.

Today I had a tuna sandwich named Kevin.

SaveComment29Like22
Comments (29)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aok27502

The real reason dinosaurs went extinct.

15 Likes Save    
Jasdip

14 Likes Save    
salonva

14 Likes Save    
nicole___

12 Likes Save    
justlinda

11 Likes Save    
Rusty

18 Likes Save    
susanwv

13 Likes Save    
marilyn_c

12 Likes Save    
Olychick

10 Likes Save    
gyr_falcon

:-( I thought the Smile threads were one of the places it was generally agreed to not post political memes.

Save    
Angela Id

What do you find political? *scratching head*

Save    
Olychick

Political???

Save    
gyr_falcon

The one showing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez saying "But most only have 4."

Save    
aok27502

Is the one about the alligators supposed to be AOC? It looks like her, but I have no idea.

Save    
Uptown Gal

Sigh. I guess the "pig" with the tattoo could be political too...depending on

your feelings about politicians you know. (Going to wait to see how long before

"she" can have this flagged)

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

I too had no idea what the political issue was. And now with this added info, I still don't see what the matter is. I was going to sarcastically ask if it was the tuna sandwich named Kevin but decided not to.

If you look for a problem, no matter what kind, it can be "found".

7 Likes Save    
kathyg_in_mi

Went over my head!

1 Like Save    
Olychick

Well, it went over my head, too, and wouldn't have thought it was supposed to be her (or didn't recognize her because I wasn't really paying attention to the people but the words). Could someone explain the pig one? I don't get it.

Save    
gyr_falcon

(Going to wait to see how long before "she" can have this flagged)

??? What do you mean by "she"? If that is addressed to me, I didn't flag anything. I just thought political stuff was agreed to not be used here; but since I am not in KT all of the time, the agreement must have changed.

It wasn't necessary for everyone to get hostile towards me. A clarification that political stuff was ok now would have sufficed.

Save    
Olychick

Sorry, Gyr...if I'd have noticed/known it was AOC, I'd have said something, too. Not having TV give me a disadvantage for face recognition, I guess. Hope my post in response wasn't perceived as hostile toward you, because I certainly didn't intend that. Just was pleading my ignorance.

And I agree to leaving out the blatantly political here. Some posts make me shake my head, but I just ignore them mostly.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

I'm sorry, no hostility involved if you're referring to me. I completely don't understand what you considered to be a political comment.

Save    
nicole___

Olychick.....He's a piggy bank. I found it when I Googled money humor. Jasdip's money humor got me started. I liked HER joke. Here's another money joke:

I'm a BIG Dave Ramsey fan....so this tickled me....he says "no" credit cards.

4 Likes Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

I was going to let it pass and hope others who might be bothered by it would just SOB, but the picture of AOC making a dumb remark does have political overtones. I'm sure everyone would recognize it as such, if instead of AOC, the picture was of trump.

In keeping with the spirit of these threads, it would be better if we left anything with political overtones out.

The point of these threads is to bring a smile to everyone's face, not create hard feelings, take offense or cause upset to anyone. Posting something which is likely to rub someone the wrong way is not in keeping with this objective. And these days, *anything* political is likely to rub someone the wrong way.

Save    
colleenoz

"If you look for a problem, no matter what kind, it can be "found"."

I totally agree. It didn't even occur to me that there might be "political" overtones to that particular post as I simply read it as one person saying something, and the other person misinterpreting it and putting a different spin on it. I didn't even realise it was Ms Cortez until someone here said it was, and even now I'm not totally convinced that it is.

3 Likes Save    
Rusty

Well, it never occured to me that that joke had political overtones, or that one of the people pictured is a political figure. I have no idea what the person y'all are speaking of looks like. But I was kind of surprised that the middle picture wasn't a blond. My most sincere apologies if I've offended anyone, I certainly didn't mean to! I just thought it was funny!

Rusty

1 Like Save     Thanked by Annie Deighnaugh
Fun2BHere

Are we sure that is AOC? I thought it was an actress from a Dwayne Johnson movie like Fast & Furious.

1 Like Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

US Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY)

The image in the meme above was clearly poorly photoshopped in. If it was not an image of AOC, then they purposely chose someone who looked just like her.

Rusty, I appreciate your comment. If you don't know what she looks like, you will as she is an attention getter for both sides of the aisle, though for obviously opposite reasons.

Save    
joyfulguy

So *that's* what "AOC" means!

I've seen it several times, and deduced that it related to the Democratic party somehow and was thinking that pretty soon I'd better come here to find out how.

I thought those critters mostly had 4 feet, as well.

It looks as though there's quite a difference between "are" and "have".

ole joyful

Save    
jemdandy

I saw it as a funny joke, and not anything political about it. Its actually 2 jokes in one. It could be taken as dumb comment by the woman, but more subtly, she could have been ribbing the speaker to shock his sensibilities which she accomplished. And then, along came the merriment killers to ruin the festive mood. Bah Humbug!

5 Likes Save    

Related Stories

Traditional Architecture 7 Classic Colonials Revamped for Today
See how the owners of these classic homes remodeled or refreshed interiors to better fit their family’s lives
Full Story
Life 11 Ways to Have More Fun at Home
Every house needs a touch of humor — a funny sign or an accessory that always makes you smile. Here’s where to begin
Full Story
Most Popular 7 Tips to Sell Your Home Faster to a Younger Buyer
Draw today's home buyers by appealing to their tastes, with these guidelines from an expert decorator
Full Story
7-Day Cleaning Plans 7-Day Plan: Get a Spotless, Beautifully Organized Home Office
Start your workday with a smile in a home office that’s neat, clean and special to you
Full Story
Most Popular 7 Ideas to Get You Back on the Front Porch
Remember the good old days, when porches offered front-row seats to street scenes? They can be even better today
Full Story
World of Design World of Design: 11 Inspiring Sheds From Santa Barbara to Stockholm
By Houzz
Outbuildings from around the world show how sheds and cottages set the scene for everything from baking in a sauna to beekeeping
Full Story
Porches 11 Ways to Make Your Sleeping Porch Even Better
Turn off that air conditioner and tune in to the delights of slumbering in the nighttime breeze
Full Story
Farmhouses 11 Modern Farmhouses That Could Make You Want to Change Your Life
Simple forms, cutting-edge materials and casual yet refined good looks characterize homes in this timeless style
Full Story
Most Popular 7 Awesome Add-ons for Kitchen Cabinets
Useful gadgets, docks for your devices, extra lighting ... when it comes to cabinets, do look down
Full Story