A post about someone trying to accept a person/situation??

carabubble

There was a thread one time that I'm trying to find. If I remember correctly (and don't take bets on it) someone was asking for helpful advice in trying to accept or deal with a situation. It was either their child having a partner they didn't much like or that the child and partner were having a baby which the OP wasn't happy about. Can anyone recall that post?

SaveComment8Like
Comments (8)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Save    
lisa_fla

I thought of that thread too. Maybe we will get an update.

Save    
satine_gw

I am the OP of the thread you are talking about if in fact that is the post you had in mind, Carabubble.

Save    
sjerin

May I ask how your daughter is doing, Satine?

Save    
satine_gw

She is doing well other than morning sickness. They had a gender reveal and its a girl. Yippee. Of course I have been shopping. Im keeping a positive attitude and so far so good. Unfortunately her so was in a new job and on a 30 day trial and he and the company agreed to part ways. He is looking for a new job. There are also a few medical issues with her that she is having to deal with and I have no faith in the docs she has been seeing and neither does she. But as I said Im keeping a positive attitude. Thank you for thinking of her/us.

8 Likes Save    
sjerin

I'm glad that overall, she is doing well. Can she not switch docs? Very important to have decent ones. I guess you and she have to count on the fact that s.o. isn't going to contribute much/anything in the way of financial support. But I hope I'm wrong!

Thanks for the update, Satine.

Save    
lisa_fla

How far along is she? Hope she can switch drs. Id want a dr I felt comfortable with in the delivery room.

1 Like Save    
satine_gw

She is about 4 months and she has considered changing docs but all things considered she is going to stay put. She feels that the only other group she might consider only has privleges at a hospital that is closing and they will be practicing at a new hospital. The hospital that is closing does not have a nicu and the date of the new hospital opening is still up in the air.

Im sure all will be good. Most of her displeasures are with the labs which have been doing testing for her other health issue.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Gardening Guides What Your Weeds May Be Trying to Tell You
An invasion of weeds can reveal something about your soil. Here’s what is going on and what to do about it
Full Story
Houzz Call Houzz Call: Share Your Personal Holiday Traditions
What winter rituals mean the most to you and yours? Post your stories and pictures
Full Story
Feel-Good Home Stressed Out? Try Hitting the Woodshop
Building things with your hands just might boost your mood while giving you personal new pieces for your home
Full Story
We create beautiful, bespoke kitchens and bathroom designs that proudly feature a signature, understated... Read More
KBR Kitchen & Bath specializes in kitchen/bathroom design and remodeling, from our designers to our in-house... Read More