SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
satine_gw

Total mixed feelings- - - - - -

satine_gw
5 years ago

I just got a call from my youngest daughter and she told me she is pregnant. She is unmarried and in a long time (about 4 years) up and down relationship. She has had some very rough years in her life dealing with addiction and does have a child who she placed for adoption. This was not with her present partner.

She has turned her life around in the last 6 or so years and has a good job with a great company and rents an apartment in a very nice country setting. She just bought a new car and is involved with AA both going to meetings and learning to become a mentor. Her so suffers from bipolar and until several months ago had a problem with drinking. He also is very involved in AA and is medicated for the bipolar.

I want to be happy for her/them and I am to a degree but I deep down feel she will be raising this child alone. I know if it comes to that she will do whatever it takes but I don't want her to have to go through that. Im so conflicted. I will support her/them and I know she will make a wonderful mother. I just don't want to tell anyone right now because his Mom and I are the only ones they have told so I figured my friends at KT would be safe.

Comments (38)