SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beesneeds

Tiger lily bulbis propigation... who here has done it?

beesneeds
4 years ago

I work with a lady that has a small garden shop and a lovely garden. It's been a bit less tended than usual for the last year or so, and she asked me to help her clean up and run the place this summer.

It's only a day or two a week, usually I just do some chores while she's out and about. Every morning I'm out there while I'm running the watering system and such, I wander around her garden to see what grows.

Today while wandering, I saw what looked like berries nestled in on every leaf of what looked like lily plant.. huh? Never saw that before. I asked the lady what that was, and she wasn't sure- so much stuff in the garden she's forgotten what was planted there.

So I gathered a few of these things to bring home- and looked it up. I thought it looked kind of familiar since I harvest garlic bulbis. Yep, turns out it's Tiger Lily bulbis. I go over there again in a couple days and can harvest more.

Has anyone around here done this method of propagation with Tiger Lily bulbis? Not just wild scattering in the garden, but harvesting the bulbis and sowing them up like fresh seed. I'm familiar with how it's done with garlic- but heh, garlic bulbis is a food thing here and there's never enough to be sown.

Any tips or advice would be thanked and welcome :)

Comment (1)