SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_433193763

What's the best way to go so I don't get Screwed..

HU-433193763
4 years ago

Hello,

My Name is Eric i'm just a Consumer, I found this Forum from doing a google search.

Question I have is:
I paid a company to put Select grade white Oak in my home and i'm having a problem with the wood showing gaps (pictures attached). The floor was done on May 15, 2019 its Select Grade white Oak 5" wide boards nailed down on 3/4 plywood sub-floor on top of Concrete foundation. When it first started happening the owner of the company came over and tried to say this is normal for wood floors. The Brazilian cherry wood that they pulled up never did this so I feel he is trying my intelligence by saying its normal.
He trying to say he will come fix it by just putting wood putty in the cracks and sanding but I was told that's a bad way to fix cause it will crack again.. When I told the owner this his reply was "No matter what we do its gonna crack like this cause its normal".
I think the cause was he didn't let the wood come into the house and acclimate to the house. The wood was delivered and they immediately started installing and when I asked why he didn't do that cause that's what they did with the other wood I had he said " That he was gonna install then let it acclimate after installation."
So I was wondering what's the best way to fix this issue I was told only way to do it right is to pull it up and redo it..

Thank you

Comments (16)