SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momand3boys_gw

I don't know what color cabinet would look best

momand3boys
13 years ago

I just can't make a decision. Our kitchen and eat-in dining room is one open area. Our dining room set is dark cherry. I've been told that dark cherry kitchen cabinetry would be too much for the room. But the problem is that I can't find a wood color that would complement the dining room set in the Brookhaven line. I really like working with the kitchen place that carries this brand. I would hate to move on to another place because I can't find the right color.

We brought home two doors to look at, cordovan on cherry on the left (which matches the dining room set almost exactly) and candlelight on maple on the right (which we were going to go with since the maple was less expensive, but I just don't like the grain). The candlelight color does nothing against the black appliances which we are keeping. It is more brown. Btw we are going to electroplate the fridge black.

Does anyone know about the colors of the Brookhaven line?

Please tell me what you think, if the cordovan is too much for the room. And what other wood color might work. I would like a color (not paint)that is different but would complement the dining room set. In the next year or two we plan on putting a desk and cabinet section against the wall where the china cabinet is and move the china cabinet to where the buffet is now.

Thanks so much for your help. This is truly stumping me and I'm getting so frustrated that I can't move on and want to just cancel everything. :(

P.S. I thought I sized these two cabinet pictures the same way as the room pictures but apparently not. Sorry.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (5)