SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Two FFO's, Two Dethonings, and Some Duets

shive
4 years ago

I had two ffo's today, which is nice so late in the season here.

Kingdom Without End must be blooming on Laura's Michigan time. I got it from her this Spring and had expected it to look more cranberry purple like Emmerich's photos. It was a true lavender purple this morning.

The other ffo was From This Moment On, a Very Late from Curt Hanson. Planted last fall, it's blooming on very short scapes this first time.

Lillian's Thin Ice was dethroned as Best Clump in my garden this morning when Sweet Child of Mine displayed 14 lovely blooms. Sweet Child of Mine is also Best UF this season.

August Frost has dethoned Mississippi Magistrate as Bud King. It has a scape with 26 buds, while Mississippi Magistrate has a 25-bud scape.

Mississippi Magistrate

Black Panther was last year's Bud King with 40 buds. This year no scape has more than 19 buds.

Boundless Beauty with a lovely duet.

Blue Jay Tapestry is reblooming on two scapes. The flowers are actually in the 5 inch range on rebloom. Previous blooms this year and last were in the four-inch range.

Sword of Justice - I'm loving this one without the pattern - great color and large bloom, does well in the heat.

Catching My Breath (C. Rich 2015) I will be selling or trading this sculpted daylily in the fall. It would be better grown in the north because it turns brown in temps of 90 plus.

More in the comments ...

Comments (17)