Decided on a foot peel

always1stepbehind

I picked up a $7. peel vs the $25. baby foot peel. The cheaper peel got pretty good reviews. I used it last night. Directions say you leave your feet in the booties for 1-1.5 hours...reviews, some said they left it on their feet up to 2 hours...I left mine on for 2 hours. It must be pretty strong because it jacked up my 1 week old pedicure :-( So it had to have penetrated my skin pretty good. Now I wait for the peeling to begin. I think I'm going to get one of the scrubby mats you put in your shower for scrubbing your feet to help the process once it starts peeling. (assuming it works)

SaveComment22Like
Comments (22)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rob333 (zone 7a)

I just looked at doing that the other day. I hope you keep us up to date. Which brand did you get? The one I am considering has soft in its name, but I'd have to go look it up

;)

1 Like Save    
always1stepbehind

I ended up with Tonymoly. Earth Therapeudics (sp?) was affordable to and was listed a good one too. Both were available at Ulta.

https://www.influenster.com/reviews/tonymoly-changing-u-magic-foot-peeling-shoes-1pair

2 Likes Save    
ritaweeda

I used to use a product called "Pretty Feet" but I can't find it anywhere now. It really worked great. I've seen it online but I hate to order online anything.

1 Like Save    
sealavender

I'm doing one right now. I picked up an "Epielle" product at a discount store. Mine takes 30-40 minutes. I have used Baby Foot before; we'll see how this goes.

1 Like Save    
Debby

So far, I'm not overly impressed with the one I used. I left the booties on for 90 minutes. It took 8 days for my heal to show a slight bit of peeling. So far, it's mostly only been my heals and not a lot. My daughter ordered some from some website that has glowing reviews. They'll be here anytime between mid-July and September. The one I used was this one. I won't buy it again:

1 Like Save    
Debby

These are what we are waiting for now. I will wait 2 months to use it if it comes soon.

Save    
maifleur01

My thought on foot peels is like sunburns they probably do not peel evenly. Thin skin should peel but the thicker skin and callus would be difficult for the stuff to penetrate all the way to the bottom. There is also the thing since skin is dead how does the solution work on the thinner skin when it reaches living tissue. I can see having burns from doing this similar to what happens if you use products like Nair and leave it on too long.

Save    
Debby

They don't burn your feet. As a matter of fact, you don't feel a thing while they're in the booties, nor do I feel anything now. No tenderness. Nothing. It's just dry flaky skin.

Save    
always1stepbehind

The morning after, my bottom of my feet felt tight. I'm hoping it was my skin drying up gearing up to peel off LOL. If this peel doesn't work, I'll try the callus removers mentioned on the pedicure thread. While I was looking at peels, I noticed a lot of foot treatments similar to the peel where you wear botties but it's a treatment to soften the skin.

ETA: I did pick up a rubber "loofah" bath mat for the tub at TJ Maxx ($7.99) for scrubbing the bottom of my feet.

Save    
clt3

I didn't have great luck with Baby Foot. It's supposed to work better if you soak your feet daily, but I am not a bath girl. I do love a foot file I purchased on Amazon made by the microplane people.

1 Like Save    
always1stepbehind

CLT3...I also read to soak your feet everyday after...I'm may try that to get the process moving. Thanks.

Save    
maifleur01

May sound gross to some of you but if anyone in your family has big feet brand new kitty litter pans can be used to soak feet. Most are not deep enough to soak the ankle. Having had to soak my husband's in when he had an infection they were the only thing wide enough for him to get both feet in. They are also much easier and safer than sitting on the side of a tub.

Save    
FlamingO in AR

I soaked my feet every night for about 30 minutes hot water/ACV/Listerine. It softened all my callouses and I was able to scrub that skin off with just my fingernails. All the cracks and thick skin went away. It made my feet nicer than they’d been in years. 1/2 cup ACV, 1/2 cup Listerine( the gold kind) and a cup of hot water.

I still want to do a peel, tho. Just for fun.

Save     Thanked by always1stepbehind
lovemrmewey

FlamingO, that is 2 cups of liquid. So I'm curious what you used to put your feet in so little liquid?

(I'm following this thread, have never seen this topic here before.)

1 Like Save    
always1stepbehind

For soaking, I think I'm going to try one of those plastic bins used primarily for storing shoes. That's a pretty good size IMO.

Save    
FlamingO in AR

I used a square craft container. I turned it on point and my feet just fit. It’s about 10” square and 2” deep.

Save    
Debby

Well, let me retract my statement on my footpeel that I left above: All of the sudden after FOURTEEN DAYS my feet are finally shedding all the dead skin and my heals are nice and smooth for the first time since I was a kid! There's a lot of peeling going on. It just took a lot longer than the package said it would take.

1 Like Save    
maifleur01

Wondering what you think the process is doing based on the comment above that they are not a burn? Exfoliation starts with the top layer so it is not that.

Save    
chessey35

Rita - I saw Pretty feet at our local Walmart the other day. You might check out one close to you.

Save    
always1stepbehind

Debby: good to know...I know it's only been a couple days for me but it doesn't seem like anything is happening...guess I need to be patient. Still plan on doing the vinegar/Listerine soak in addition.

Save    
always1stepbehind

OMG....I just did the vinegar/listerine soak....not sure if it jump started the peel or what...but either way....it got my feet to start to peel. I did 2 cups warm water, 1 cup of original listerine and 1 cup of apple cider vinegar and soaked for 30 minutes. Didn't feel anything weird but when I dried my feet off I could see loose skin around my toes so I used my pumice to work off some of the loose skin!! WOW...is all I can say!! The combo of the peel and the listerine/vinegar definitely works. I'll be curious to see how my heels look in the AM after drying over night.

ETA: I ended up buy a plastic dish pan at Wal Mart, less than 2 bucks over in the area where the dish drying racks are.

Save    
Debby

maifleur01, before I even considered buying a foot peel: I did my homework with a simple search in google that consisted of "google, how do foot peels work?" and "google, why should I do a foot peel".

Save    

Related Stories

Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: Stylish 515-Square-Foot Backyard Unit Packs It All In
This accessory dwelling unit in Portland, Oregon, has everything — and can do everything — the homeowners need
Full Story
Bedrooms Style at the Foot of Your Bed
Punch Up Your Bedroom Design with a Stylish and Functional Bench
Full Story
My Houzz My Houzz: 500-Square-Foot Charmer in Santa Cruz
Dreamy whites, antique finds and nature-inspired decor fill an interior designer's cozy lagoon-side home
Full Story
Kitchen Makeovers The 100-Square-Foot Kitchen: One Woman’s $4,500 DIY Crusade
Teaching herself how to remodel, Allison Macdonald adds function, smarter storage and snazzier materials
Full Story
Houzz Call Houzz Call: Show Us Your 8-by-5-Foot Bathroom Remodel
Got a standard-size bathroom you recently fixed up? We want to see it!
Full Story
Vintage Style How to Get a Claw-Foot Tub for Your Bathroom
Here’s what to know about buying vintage or new — and how to refurbish a classic
Full Story
Small Kitchens Houzz Call: Show Us Your 100-Square-Foot Kitchen
Upload photos of your small space and tell us how you’ve handled storage, function, layout and more
Full Story
Bathroom Design 10 Times When Painting a Claw-Foot Tub Spruced Up a Bathroom
See how homeowners and designers use colorful paint to give their tubs and their bathrooms a fresh look
Full Story
Houzz Tours My Houzz: A 550-Square-Foot Studio Gets High-Contrast Style
Dramatic dark painted walls and airy white linens come together in this Hollywood apartment
Full Story