Doing another foot peel

Debby

My daughter ordered some foot peels from eBay. They're really inexpensive so she ordered 4 and gave me 2. It's been close to 2 months since my first one so I decided to do another peel. Wow! I can't get over how quickly these ones work and how much better my feet already feel.

When I went to BC to visit my family, I saw my moms feet, which were horrible! I promptly brought her to the drugstore chain that I work for and bought her two "Oh-K!" brand Peeling Foot Masks. I have one, but haven't used it yet. I talked to her last night and she said it's working really well, her skin is peeling off and she's using the O'Keefe's foot cream as well. She's tried every cream out there, but never knew about peels. I bought her two, so she could do another one in a few weeks if not enough skin peeled off. Trust me, her feet were SO bad!

I'm going to order more of the ones my daughter bought. I couldn't get over how quickly they started working compared to the expensive ones I bought here. Someone here said they needed the toughness of the skin because they ran a lot. Well, the skin on my feet is still really tough: just not dry, cracked or ugly.

These are the ones I just ordered (decided to do that while I was here lol) in case you're interested. They're really inexpensive but do take quite some time to arrive.

SaveComment8Like
Comments (8)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Julie

I bought some a couple years ago from Good Morning America's deals and steals. Luckily I got a "deal" on them. The were way to much mess and work for the results I got.

Save     Thanked by Debby
Debby

That's too bad, Julie! The first one I did took quite a bit of dead skin off. The corns were really thick, so I also used corn remover pads later on. I missed one on the side of one foot and hoped this second peel would do the trick, but I think I have to resort to the corn remover pads again. I don't like using them. The results I'm getting otherwise, are really good.

Save    
always1stepbehind

Me too. I definitely can see results from the foot peel and the listerine/vinegar soaks. I don't know how soon is too soon or if it matters how close you do the peels. Maybe I'll do the soak again and see if any additional dead skins comes off.

1 Like Save    
satine_gw

I don't quite understand how these work. When you apply the lotion or whatever how long does it take to peel the skin.? If it takes days what do you during that time as far as shoes or does this process take a shorter period than I am imagining. It sounds like something I might like to do but really don't understand the process. TIA

Save    
always1stepbehind

Satine: I've read where it can take up to a week until some people start to peel. I didn't notice anything for a few days after doing the foot peel. The foot peel is a plastic booty that has a lining inside that has liquid on it and you put your feet in there for however long it says. I left mine in longer as many reviewers said they did. you wash your feel afterwards and after a few days (week) your feet should start shedding. I think I helped mine along with the Listerine/vinegar foot soak. Even without a foot peel, if you google Listerine/vinegar foot soak, it's supposed to help with getting rid of dry foot skin. If I have time tonight, I'm going to do the Listerine/vinegar foot soak and use my pumice at the end of the soak to see how much dry skin I can get off. I'll update later.

Save    
Debby

The first one I did took 10 days. Too long. The one pictured above? I put the booties on Tuesday night, and Thursday night they started peeling already! It's Sunday and with the help of a pumice stone and a nice soak in the tub, I think I have 99.9% of the dead skin removed. This one definitely works better than the first one I bought, and this one is so much cheaper too!

You soak your feet for 20-30 minutes

Put on the little booties

Put a pair of socks over the booties

Watch tv, read a book, crochet. Veg out......... for 90 minutes

Removes socks and booties.

Rinse feet and dry off.

Wait for the magic to happen.

Depending on the brand you use, it can take a couple days to start, or in the case of my first one 10 days! I keep soaking my feet once a day. NEVER pick at the skin!!! Lightly use a pumice stone if you choose to to remove some of the skin daily. I also use O'Keefes Healthy Foot cream to keep the skin soft. Wear socks!

I think it's best to only do these about every 2 months. At least that's what I've read.

Save    
always1stepbehind

Next fool peel I do, I'm gong to put my feet up so most the liquid is on my heels. That is the worst part of my foot. I didnt end up doing a soak the other night, maybe tonight.

Save    
satine_gw

Thanks for the explanation. I guess I wonder what you do while all that peeling is going on and you have to be out and about. I guess you just have to wear socks and shoes.

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Holidays The Anti-To-Do List: 10 Things You Don’t Need to Be Doing
Aren’t you busy enough? Give yourself a break and consider letting these tasks go
Full Story
Houzz Tours Houzz Tour: Stylish 515-Square-Foot Backyard Unit Packs It All In
This accessory dwelling unit in Portland, Oregon, has everything — and can do everything — the homeowners need
Full Story
Apartment Life Houzz TV: You Won’t Believe Everything This Tiny Loft Can Do
Looking for more floor space, a San Francisco couple hires architects to design a unit that includes beds, storage and workspace
Full Story
Biltmore Design Galleria is a Design-Build company with over 15 years or so of experience. We are firm believers... Read More
Striking the balance between form and function makes all the difference. Count on us to help you transform the... Read More