SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jazzlover1

Searching for kitchen Designer for new build

Jazz Lover
4 years ago

So we are about to embark on a new build and I am looking for a kitchen designer but in our area there's not a lot of options. We have a really great guy lined up to do the custom cabinets but I need help with layout. Most in our area want to sell you their cabinets and that's not what I'm interested in. Is this something that can be done remotely or long distance or does the designer need to be able to actually physically measure once studs are up? I'm loving the white kitchen but I also adore beautiful stained wood and just know there's room here to design with both in mind without it looking like a really horrible color block sweater from the 80s! I want most of the cabinetry in white with the island in a rich walnut and tying that color in around the cooktop stove area. I've seen lots of two tones that I do not like so it's got to be done just so to pull this look off.

So here's what we have so far. House to be facing south on 4 acres of woods. It's just hubby and I for now but grandchildren on the way. I hate to shop so I shop and buy in bulk like I'm waiting on the apocalypse. I will be slowing down with work and intend to garden and cook and bake more than we do currently. We entertain large groups several times of year especially during holidays and bake a lot at Christmas. Don't really want a prep sink in the island but am up for convincing. Going to plumb a line in pantry for coffee bar and may add small wet bar sink there as well.
Appliances are as follows:

42" Subzero
36" Bosch 800 Induction Cook top
30" Bosch CSO
30" Bosch 800 Wall Oven
30" Bosch 800 DW
27" GE Advantium Oven (under counter)
36" Zephyr Blower
Ice maker yet tbd

So, any feedback on kitchen design and can I find a KD online that can work remotely and not cost an arm and a leg?

Comments (28)