SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rhizo_1

I'm not sure how I feel about this....

The wonderful neighbor who lives across the street from us has accepted a new position in Florida and has put her house on the market. I hate that she's leaving as we have become close but am so proud and happy for her.

Anyway, her home was open for appointments all day Saturday and Sunday....and it was non-stop people on both days. My discomfort comes from the observation that on Saturday all of the potential buyers and all of the agents were "people of color" but on Sunday, everyone entering the home was white. There were no exceptions to this routine, my husband and I both noticed it.

This is very much a mixed neighborhood, with University professors, NASA and other high tech professionals so we have people from all over the world. The last thing I would have expected is that the real estate company would segregate the viewings like that!

Is this a normal way of doing business? It is a national company with a good reputation and she ended up with 6 firm offers by the end of the day yesterday.

It just bothered the daylights out of me. What would the purpose be of showing a home in that way?

Comments (37)