SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Bad Storms and a Tree Goes Sideways (Daylily pics too!)

shive
4 years ago

Bad storms here last evening took down a gigantic limb from the front-yard tree. I'm just glad it didn't fall other directions - onto the house or into the daylilies. It did fall into the street, blocking one lane. Winds were clocked at 70-80 mph. I called Public Works about the road hazard, and they showed up about 3:30 a.m. to cut the gargantuan limb off the power line and move it out of the street. Our power was restored at 8:20 this morning - much quicker than I expected. Great job Nashville Public Works and Nashville Electric Service!

And here are a few blooms from early this morning before the storms started up again. The last three of my 30 seedlings with scapes bloomed today.

These two have The Ultimate Sacrifice as a pod parent, but different mothers. Sepals are splotchy because of the rain. I like the color and edge on the first one. It's a large bloom - bigger than 6 inches - and the scape has four-way branching.

I like the ruffling and the unusual watermark on this one. It almost looks like an applique.

This is another cream near-white out of pink breeding. It may be a polychrome. I see some pink along the midribs and on the sepals that didn't show up in the photo. Seedling "Rubber Maid" x an unknown pink.

And now for some registered fare:

Angels Bow Down ffo from yesterday. I doubt that I'll keep this one. It turned brown by noon at 90 degrees with high humidity. More of a northern plant, I guess.

Autumn Wood - Thanks Nancy 6B. It's good to have this one again!

Promises Kept

Last Snowflake

Symphony of Praise

Debra

Comments (19)