SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
abbyfaye

Mixing metals - Kitchen lighting, fixtures, & hardware vs. doorknobs

abbyfaye
4 years ago

We are in the process of building our first home!! BUT we are having trouble selecting our kitchen hardware, plumbing fixtures and lighting! We are going for a white on white traditional kitchen, and though all of the doorknobs throughout our home will be oil rubbed bronze, we want the kitchen to be a bit lighter and brighter!

We want to mix in a metal (or two) but are not sure what to choose! I love gold hardware and lighting, but my husband is not interested at all! We were leaning toward brushed nickel plumbing fixtures and hardware, but now I'm wondering if polished chrome would be better?? Which will be more classic/timeless? Which would be better with the oil rubbed bronze doorknobs?

Regardless of what we choose for the faucet and cabinet hardware, what does that mean for our lighting? Do we match it to the faucet/hardware? Or should we do oil rubbed bronze to match the doorknobs? On top of that, it's an open floor plan...so does all of our lighting need to be the same metal throughout?

I'm attaching a couple pictures of the model home, so you can see the kitchen layout and open floor plan (also would need to consider the foyer light fixture, not pictured). Thank you in advance!!

Comments (13)