SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laura_grosmaire

Help! Just one last decision for bathroom renovation!

Laura Grosmaire
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I can't go on vacation until the contractor gets the material list! All we have left are the vanity lights. I'd love to get feedback/ideas. Here's an idea of where we are with the 1980s long, narrow blue lagoon. This is the current layout w/bath-shower opposite the toilet (wall paper is down and we're ready to let the guys at it!):

The floor will be those 6 in porcelain hex tiles in off white w/narrow as possible grout lines (not rectified tile) in light brown/sand to match tone of vanity. So, visual busyness in room will be on floor. The shower/bath will have rectified (minimal/no grout line) off white large format tiles. There will not be a shower enclosure, but a shower curtain. Bath, toilet, sinks will be white. Double sinks will be undermount with square profile and curved basin. Vanity countertop (and pony wall topper) will be warm, whitish quartz - cashmere (see below). We used it in laundry room with same cabinets and it looks good. Also will have a slight mitered edge to give that 8-foot countertop length some slight visual weight. We did that in kitchen on island with, yep, same wood and it looks good.

Cashmere (bottom piece) countertop - flecks are brownish, but some of them look somewhat goldish when paired next to brass:

So, as you can see, lots of white warmed by wood and we're going brass (not polished - on accessories). The shower curtain will be (I think) some kind of lightly textured linen in pale green for more warmth. Here are the bath and faucets:

Two short spout faucets for vanity:

So need help with vanity lights! The mirror will be like current one, unadorned (just bevel) and one long one (5 ft x 3 ft) over sinks. We may put a floating wood shelf under it. I plan to put something in the 3 feet of countertop to left of sinks (wood tray, etc). The sinks occupy roughly 3 feet of countertop. These lights are a few ideas I have. The vanity lights will be main source of light in room. So I wanted to have lights with at least 2 bulbs in each. We like less (vs more) visual simplicity. Needs to be brass. I don't want lights on "extensions" as some farmhouse lights have, I fear it will fight with floor. But seriously, if I'm wrong, tell me. Lights will be horizontal above mirror, each one centered over sink.

Something along this line was first choice, but I'm beginning to think it's too "clunky" (love is fickle!). And this light is Circa Lighting, not sure I want to go to $650+ price point/light. But here's the idea, placed horizontally.

And here's another from Circa, same comments as above and I'm not sure I like it as much as first (which I'm falling out of love with anyway!):

This is a West Slope light, in theory it goes with faucets/shower, but not quite sold - it seems a bit busy to me:

What about this - although brass color may be slightly off - is that a big deal?:

I originally was looking at this style, but not sure it really works that well, but even now as I look at it, it doesn't look that bad, lol!!:

I'm open to all ideas and opinions, THANKS!

Signed, Decision Overload

Comments (9)