SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
decoratingdebhome

Floating vanity for powder room?

Deb
4 years ago

I'm in the midst of a major remodel, part of which is moving a powder room. It hasn't been a priority to really design that room (focused more on kitchen) so now finally getting to that point.

We have the option of having our contractor build a vanity + buy counter and sink or buy an ready made vanity. I'm leaning towards the latter to keep costs down. I'm struggling a bit though to figure out what type of vanity to do. We can do a vanity that is up to 40 inches wide x 25 inches deep (about).

My husband has said he wants a vanity that either stretches wall to wall (no gaps for things to fall down) or a floating vanity so he can get easily under it. Wall to wall I think would require a custom build...

I really like the idea of doing a pop of color in the bathroom with a blue vanity and, say, grey grasscloth wallpaper, but I'm not finding a existing floating vanity in blue that I like.

This is one that I think would work well but is not a floating...

I also like this one but don't think it would work with grey wallpaper and is definitely less of a statement:

(I can't pull the image so here is the link: https://www.wayfair.com/home-improvement/pdp/george-oliver-perillo-39-wall-mounted-single-bathroom-vanity-set-obwa1004.html?piid=30565849 )

What do folks think?

Comment (1)