SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
secsteve

Another one bites the dust

secsteve
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

You may remember my post about the cleaning lady who we had to let go. We searched and found another service with a young man. All started out well and he was doing a great job.

After five months we started having the same problem with scheduling. On more then one occasion he'd call and ask if he could come on a different day and time. The first couple of times Geo and I were grudgingly accommodating.

One time he called and asked if he could bring his kids. A ten month old and a five year old. Uh, no. So that one had to be rescheduled. He was scheduled to come Saturday and sure enough called and asked if he could come on Thursday. I was grocery shopping and Geo took the call. He informed him that it was not O.K. and he'd have to call us this week.

We discussed it and decided that he apparently can't keep to what we had agreed upon. We have sent him a email saying his services are no longer required and reiterated "One of our primary goals in seeking to hire a house cleaning company was to establish a definite and dependable schedule of service. That way we would be able to plan the rest of our activities on a steady, reliable basis."

I just don't understand why it's so hard to maintain a schedule for a customer especially since you know that's what they want.

So we're done with services and will be going back to doing it ourselves.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH