SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisychain01_gw

another one bites the dust

daisychain01
10 years ago

I just decided to buy a new duffle from LL Bean. I was all excited because LL Bean is quality, right? The price wasn't ridiculously high and I'm a sucker for good old fashioned, well made things with a good name behind them. Before hitting the order button, I decided to read some of the 522 reviews. Almost all of the good reviews were of bags people had bought years ago. Most of those that had bought a bag recently gave bad reviews and many compared recently purchased bags very unfavourably to their old bags.

Maybe I just have to accept that there is no such thing as quality for the average Joe any more (at least, I assume that if I had millions to spend, I could find quality, but maybe not). I've had this same experience with vacuums, KA mixers, washing machines, down duvets (The Company Store was recommended here, but reviews state the same as LL Bean - quality has gone way down recently). I know we've beaten this horse to death in other threads, but I find it so depressing and disappointing I just had to bring it up one more time. The optimist in me thinks that if I just keep complaining, someone will listen and things will change.

Comments (12)