SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beachem

Does your kitchen preference match your clothes?

beachem
4 years ago

I enjoyed reading Cpartist thread about kitchen lookalikes and realized that although my kitchen is white, it unconsciously matches my fashion sense.

Does your kitchen reflects what you like in clothes?

I‘m known for wearing black mostly then pop of very strong primary colors some days. I have 30+ black business suits when you look at my closet and it’s punctuated by red or jewel tones here and there.

To the casual eye, the black suits on the rack seem identical but the lines and details are where they differ. Every single suit is radically different in cuts, details and the illusion they do to my body. My clothes can also be out there design wise with severe cut, huge sleeves, slits (long before it was fashionable on the red carpet) and wild pattern on my dresses. That‘s why I fell in love with my Fusion and designed around that one stone (sigh).

My suits ranged from junior high school to 15 yrs ago. I stopped buying clothes when I got married. I spent my energy on cleaning up his style.

Despite how old my clothes are, I get compliments and asked about the designer or season. People are shocked to hear decades old then assumed I bought vintage for a trend vs being the original buyer. (I survived the 80s with only one suit with large shoulders. All the others from that time can’t be traced. In fact, my dusters from that era has come back in style twice.)

I’m hoping my kitchen will have such longevity. It’s monochrome in its whiteness but I was obsessed about the functionality so it has these details all over like a pull out table for wheelchair or the pull out tea cart (just like the details on my suits). It even has a pop of red via one of the ovens like my closet. The countertop has huge movements like the strong patterns I wear in my dresses.

The goal: quiet elegance with one fabulous detail. That fashion preference translates to neutral kitchens without a zing leaves me cold.

What’s your fashion style? does your kitchen match?

I love hippy and hobo fashion but don’t wear it because it doesn’t flatter me. I notice that I like kitchens that has that sense but only to visit.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus