Got a new set of cookware.....

always1stepbehind

I told myself I wasn't going to get another "set" of pots and pans....but....I got set on a really good sale. On sale plus family and friends discounts...and a plus plus is it comes with a bakeware set too. In addition to this basic set I have a couple other pans/skillet I want to find replacements for. Will also pick up some wood or bamboo cooking utensils and more plastic/silicone cooking utensils…guilty of using metal on my previous non stick set :-(

My current set is Cuisinart and worked well for me so I'm sure I'll be happy with this set.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/cuisinart-hard-anodized-11-pc.-cookware-set?ID=506610&CategoryID=7552#fn=BRAND%3DCuisinart%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D87%26ruleId%3D105%7CBOOST%20SAVED%20SET%26searchPass%3DmatchNone%26slotId%3D3

SaveComment15Like1
Comments (15)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pudgeder

Looks nice!!

Save    
OklaMoni

Hope you love it as much as I love my last set I bought. Mine is stainless steel, bought in Germany, Fissler. Show us a picture of something yummy you cooked in it. :)

Moni

2 Likes Save    
Jasdip

I bought a set of Cuisinart pots and pans a number of years ago and I love them, they still look like new.

But I must admit, I'm using my cast iron skillets more often, I haven't used my stainless in a long time. I don't have any non-stick/teflon type skillets.

Save    
socks

How nice for you! Once in a while we need an update on our tools. Hope you enjoy using them.

I got some pans from Macy’s recently too. Replaced my 40-year old Revereware copper bottoms with newer Revereware. The new ones actually sit flat! A lot of meals and memories went to the thrift shop with those old pans!

Also got a Farberware ceramic nonstick skillet. I really like it a lot and might get a bigger one. My large Cuisinart skillet is so heavy I avoid using it because of the weight when washing it. Too bad.

Save     Thanked by always1stepbehind
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

I have Fissler too! Never nonstick though, except for one small pan for omelettes. Loved the German Asta.

1 Like Save    
maifleur01

Personal preference but I like selecting individual pots and pans vs. sets. The sets that I purchased when younger and a couple that I acquired from others later on either had things I never used or they were the wrong shape and size that I needed. Enjoy your new set but wait a while before recycling the pans that you use most often from the old set.

2 Likes Save    
patriciae_gw

Sounds nice.

I am more of a fan of buying individual pots and pans for specific needs. I am an All-Clad fan but would never pay that kind of money for ordinary pots for boiling things. I get my non stick from thrift stores because people get all those extra skillets they don't use in sets (ahem) so I find new ones cheap and then replace when they get worn. Cuisinart is a good solid brand. I bet it will do you for a long time.

1 Like Save    
ldstarr

I have an older set of Cuisinart sauce pans and 1 large Cuisinart Saute Pan. They have held up well and work on my induction cooktop. I use 4 antique cast iron skillets for frying and have a rectangular cast iron griddle for pancakes, french toast etc. Enjoy your new set!

WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a

That is a great looking set of pots and pans, always1stepbehind. I love getting new cookware.

always1stepbehind

patriciae_gw I did not pay the price now listed on the link. The sale is over so it's showing the regular price which I would never pay either. It was on sale for $199. plus an extra 30% off. I got the set plus the bonus bakeware for under $140. ETA: I'm excited about the pasta strainer thing that sits in the big pot!! Can't wait till the next time I make spaghetti to use it.

Save    
mdln

DF, who I often cat-sit for, has those; they are good to cook with. They were a wedding gift (2013) and still look great. She does use wooden utensils.

1 Like Save    
ritaweeda

All my cookware except for an occasional skillet was gifted to me by DH. I don't pay good money for non-stick skillets because they all go bad - even the high-end brands. But I do love my stainless steel ones, one set of All-Clad and another set from Belgium, it was a brand that was sold in a major department store years ago and it's still in great condition. I also have a set of Le Creuset that I've had for many years. Yeah, I love good cookware but I don't necessarily think that buying it in sets is the ideal unless a person is starting from scratch and has nothing. I buy my non-stick skillets at Sam's in the restaurant cooking supply section, very good and very inexpensive, wear is the same as high-end so why bother with high-end?

2 Likes Save    
always1stepbehind

As I was washing my new pots and pans last night I was thinking about this post and I was kinda second guessing myself....but looking at the old pieces, I realized I do use all the pieces so a new set isn't a waste for me. I just need to take a little better care of them. Mainly not using metal utensils.

There is a restaurant supply company near me I'd like to check out though.

Save    
WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a

@always1stepbehind: I love that strainer too. I learned from watching a cooking show not to carry the whole pot to the sink when the pasta is done; instead, just lift up the strainer and tilt it to sit in the pan to drain and then you can let the water in the pot get cold before taking it to the sink to pour out. It is also great to do it that way, because sometimes you need some of that pasta water.

@ritaweeda: I got those skillets at Sam's for my granddaughters and they love them. And, they really look nice , too. When I need non-stick again, I plan to purchase the ones at Sam's. Although, my All Clad non-stick skillets are holding up very well.

Save    
patriciae_gw

Always, you could not buy one All-Clad Large Saucier for that. I am glad I got my necessary pieces before it got so horrifically expensive. They should see me out though. I have an affection for my regular pots. I lost my home to a fire many years ago and could not cook for some time. There are many things I used to cook that I never have since because I lost all my pots and pans. I have some really nice copper with stainless interior that I love, from William Sonoma, those straight sided skillets. and the rest is a hash of all sorts. Revere ware once had a stainless professional line and I got stock pots from a going out of business sale for almost recycling metal weight price. I have one of those strainer inserts as well.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Holidays Got Hand-Me-Down Dinnerware? Make a Memorable Meal
They might be mismatched and not your style, but those inherited plates and forks can help bring meaning to your table
Full Story
Your First House How to Clean Your Cookware So It Lasts
Avoid damage during everyday cleaning and stain scrubbing, with these tips for pots and pans made of popular materials
Full Story
Furniture 7 Unstuffy Ways With a Formal Dining Set
You can play the match game with your table and chairs yet still have an inspired, multidimensional dining room
Full Story
The Mission of USA Cabinet Store and Design Center is to provide the best customer service, the highest quality... Read More