SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catalan_gw

First time posting Did I made a mistake by buying a Cookware set

Catalan
19 years ago

I Wish I had found this place 2 weeks ago. I were in NEED to get new pot and pans. Everything in my kitchen was falling apart. I did as much reserach as I could and made a desicion.

I ended up ordering a set of SCANPAN that has:

Product Features

11" Fry Pan

2 qt. Sauce Pan with Lid

3 qt. Sauce Pan with Lid

11" Saute Pan with Lid

6.5 qt. Dutch Oven with Lid

I got it at Metrokitchen.com

Now I found your site and the majority of you suggest to buy different pieces and not a whole set. Is there a reason for that?? The 2qt, 3qt and the Fry pan are pices that I use almost everyday and the dutch oven a couple times a month. The Saute pan Not as often.

Out of all the Non sticks out there this was the only set that I thought would last me the longets. Based on some reviews I read.

Should I stick with it or should I return it and if so then what should I go with??? I am used to Non-stick because that's pretty much what I have had. I have two pieces of stainless steel at home but I hardly ever use them.

This is all so confusing. Thanks for your help.

I seriously need pots soon. My old pots are all peeling off and the aluminum at the bottom is showing. I am very desperate. I have not used the Scanpan set yet (they arrived yesterday). The set looks very nice and it feels substancial ad unlike my old set the bottom is REALLY flat :o)

Thank You

Cat

Comments (15)