SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
uscroy

Is glass tile in a shower a bad idea?

uscpsycho
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Does anyone have experience with glass tile in their shower? Are you finding you need to squeegee the glass tile and the actual shower glass after each shower?

I'm currently using a shower that doesn't have much glass and I squeegee it after every shower. I don't hate it as much as I thought I would but it is a small shower and I'm tempted to skip the squeegee when I'm in a rush. My master shower is much larger and with this tile I'll have glass on all four walls. Having to squeegee the entire shower after every use will get old fast. Especially when I'm running late for something.

Does it make a difference if the glass tile has a pattern that should hide water spots between showers? But the water here is fairly hard so I worry about getting permanent hard water spots if I don't squeegee every time. The tile I'm considering isn't cheap and I don't want to regret installing it or worse, ruin it.

Since I'm sure someone will ask, here is a photo of the glass tile. You can't see it in a photo, but the concave pattern creates a holographic effect that kind of makes it look like it's floating off the wall. When you touch it, it's as if your hand is going through the tile surface. Never seen anything like it. The tile color is uniform but the right side looks darker in the photo because of lighting.

Sorry for posting a duplicate thread but I wanted to edit and it was past an hour so I just decided to delete the first thread and re-post since nobody had responded.

Comments (13)