SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reesepbuttercup

It’s happening!

reesepbuttercup SLC, Utah 6b
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Roses are finally blooming in my garden, a few weeks later than usual due to all the cool rainy weather we’ve had. My garden is also finally starting to mature, four years in. Some of my roses were tiny bands and to see them at the size they are now means so much. It’s feels like I’ve waited forever to get to this point.

This view! my goal was to have the roses popping through my fence a bit and it’s finally happening. And my Zephirine Drouhin, it’s taken four year and some careful training... totally paid off. She is loaded with blooms and is just starting her show! That‘s Zephy in the foreground, Julia Child lower just beyond, and Princess Anne further down popping through the fence.

Taken looking over one of my newer beds, this is my stand of Sunny Knockouts. I have seven of them squished in here and it’s a sea of sunny delight if you ask me. The first roses to bloom in my garden they will continue to bloom all through summer without fail. Definitely an underrated rose for the landscape.

The only other rose in my center bed, Tiffany. She was just planted last summer. Beyond her is Zephirine Drouhin cascading up and along my fence, framing my little bee house nicely. She will be an amazing sight in a few more days.

Distant Drums looking her usual unusual self. This is the perimeter bed separating my garden from the neighbor on this side. That’s their yard/house beyond. Yes, my garden is tiny.

My peace rose, I have two total and they flank my bird bath. Straight ahead is my center bed with the stand of Sunny Knockouts

Princess Anne, one of my first David Austin’s to bloom. She was a sickly looking bareroot from Wayside four years ago, and I think she’s nearly reached her mature size.

The only open bloom on Julia Child, but it won’t be long. I love her rich yellow color. She was also a tiny little thing from Heirloom four years ago and now she’s popping through my fence to say hello to those passing by.

That’s all for now. I’ll be back soon with more!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional