SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rossko

carbon monoxide/pool heater/water heater

rossko
4 years ago

carbon monoxide alarm in furnace & hot water closet going off. This is in the basement/ground level walk out. We are not down there often because that’s more for guests staying. 2 weeks before low battery on that alarm was beeping but we got busy with end of school year stuff for kids and forgot. Then alarm sounds and fire Dept come out. We change battery but it keeps going off. They do detect carbon monoxide levels in that area and then outside by our pool heater against house next to sliding glass doors outside of basement. ??? Soo confused! They said detected near hot water heater. Furnace is off/it’s summer. But then they said it’s pool heater and getting pulled in. We were in bed, it’s happening around 4am till 6am. They had my husband open door to closet on both side of hot water heater room and it’s not going off now but they are saying it’s pool heater getting pulled in. Well they detected it on/by hot water heater in closet, and then outside in pool heater/pump closet closet connect to outside basement wall by sliding glass doors. Well we aren’t even up at 4-6am so doors aren’t being opened to pull that in. We put up enclosure last year, no problems! So is it the hot water heater or the pool heater ? And why did none of this start till low battery in detector finally draining?? Of course pool people say we’ll sell ya a new pool heater/install and it’ll fix it ! Hot water heater people saying we will sell ya hot water heater/install & it’ll fix it! WHAT ?!?! Anyone experience this before ? How can I get down to the bottom of this for the safety of my family & get whatever it is fixed the 1st time !
Please help
Thank you in advance for your opinion & help

Comments (3)