SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smalloldhouse_gw

Layouts for new & renovated bathrooms

smalloldhouse_gw
4 years ago

We're planning a master suite addition that will also involve renovating our 2 existing full bathrooms. I'd love any feedback on the plans for the new master as well as the hall bath as proposed by our architect. I'm a bit worried that the hall bath (which will mostly serve our 2 very tall sons and a rare guest) is too small as proposed and the master is a bit too big.

For the hall bath, I'm already prepared to ask the architect to make the main door a barn or pocket door in order to avoid collision with the WC door (per some advice on another thread.) I'm wondering how I might be able to take advantage of the space that she's essentially blocked off due to the ceiling slope. Right now that space is actually a closet and I'd love to eke out as much storage space in the bath as possible.

On the master, I'm thinking of asking to bump the vanity closer to the door and use that space to include a shallow linen closet accessible from the hall hallway.

Does any of that sound sensible? Any other feedback or ideas?? I'm a total newbie to bathroom design having spent too many years obsessing about a tiny kitchen. Thanks!

Comments (7)