SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
taylor_bottoms

Horticultural Oil - Did I just kill my succulent collection?!

Taylor Price
4 years ago

Long story short - I brought new plants into my planting station (located in a hot & humid Georgia garage with air circulation) & after treating for pests with Bonide All Seasons Horticultural Spray Oil {pic below} the plants immediately began showing symptoms of a fungal infection and over watering despite not having been watered. Black spots appeared and grew rapidly, most often occurring on the leaves or from the center of the plant. Leaves got mushy and translucent before dropping like crazy.

Thinking I had a fungal attack on my hands, I treated all other plants and propagation babies in the vicinity with a copper soap disease control spray & the horticultural oil.

The same happened to those plants and unfortunately I've lost EVERYTHING.

Fast forward to a few days ago, I brought home a gallon of graptopetalum & once again sprayed for preventative measures. I also picked up a few leaves to propagate & wiped them down as well. I'm sure you can guess what's happened....for some reason it hasn't occurred to me until the propagation leaves started going soft that it may actually be the horticultural oil causing the issues? Has anyone experienced anything similar? Is there any way to remove the oil residue? TIA for any insight. I'm literally driving myself crazy here.

Comments (9)