SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_868658

Cove Dishwasher

K. Brown
4 years ago

My Miele conked out after only 4 years. I have decided to give the brand new Cove Dishwasher a try. Five year warranty plus 1 extra year added by having it installed by Certified Installer. I bought the one without the water softener as I am on deep well water. I’ll post my experiences if you’d like.

Comments (121)

• maryjoyw40
    3 years ago

Boba1, yes, the Miele I bought to replace the Asko has a water softener, though I am not always 100% faithful in refilling the salt in a timely fashion!

• maryjoyw40
    3 years ago

dadoes, yes, I am absolutely using the rinse aid.

• Related Discussions

Cove Dishwashers

Q

Comments (19)
    Our local SZ repair place is already getting parts in for this dishwasher. Although I find the name to be dumb, apparently they guarantee every single dish will be completely dry-not even the little dimple in the coffee cup will be wet. Not Miele or any other high end brand dishwasher currently offers this. I might be willing to work overtime to pay for this! With all my kids, half my dishwasher is plastic which means it's all wet and then has to sit all over my overpriced island to dry. 2,000 for all dry dishes might need to happen for me-now to just get my husband to agree!
    ...See More

Cove Dishwasher

Q

Comments (1)
    Completely untested yet in the marketplace because it's new. Made in Wisconsin. I have a Miele with many years of development behind it. I would wait awhile.
    ...See More

Bosch vs Cove vs Miele dishwashers

Q

Comments (79)
    We bought Subzero, refrigerator and freezer, a large Wolf gas range and we got pushed into buying a Cove dishwasher. What a mistake. After 32 days, the dishwasher failed simply saying call service. We are in West Los Angeles, and there is only one company that does warranty work on Cove dishwashers, Box Appliance Repair. We waited two weeks for the first appointment and were told that we needed a new wash pump and it would take a week or two to get it and then they could schedule a follow up appointment. We pressured Cove and they expedited getting the pump so we only had to wait an additional 2 1/2 weeks. Today the technician replaced the wash palm and found that we also bad electronics. He replaced two circuit boards and found that a mechanical relay was also defective. We are now being told that once they get the mechanical relay they will schedule an appointment, probably two weeks away. So, all told we got 32 washes in before multiple parts failed. I told a friend of mine that I bought a Cove and he just started laughing. We have calls and emails into Cove now asking them to replace the dishwasher or give us our money back. I will post the outcome once this dishwashing nightmare is over.
    ...See More

Cove Dishwasher Recall

Q

Comments (15)
    We now have owned the Cove for close to a year. We have a whole house soft water system but did choose to upgrade to include the soft water option on the dishwasher (you add periodic salt as you would to your whole house system). We love the dishwasher! Loading the dishwasher is a dream - such flexibility. I love the cutlery tray - never a dirty utensil due mainly to the powerful third washer arm. Everything is dry including plastics ….however, you need to tweak your selection options to get better drying outcomes - choose “extra dry” (not extended dry though). Additionally, our installer advised us to put the dish detergent tablet on the upper silverware rack in order to get better cleaning results ie. eliminates cloudiness and any streaking on glasses - and he was right!
    ...See More
  • dadoes
    3 years ago

A water softener mechanism can't successfully run a regeneration cycle to refresh the resin bed if the salt supply is depleted ... it's effectively non-functional for softening water until a successful regeneration cycle is run.

• maryjoyw40
    3 years ago

I understand, but the Cove never was without salt. The Miele was, and still no water problems. Maybe mine is a lemon. All I know for sure is that, much to my dismay, my Cove doesn't work well and all protocol is being followed properly.

• edjpalm
    3 years ago

Maryjoyw40, I went through my archived paperwork RE: Cove buy back. Cove customer service assigned my account to Melissa Hollis who is a customer advocate. Initially she had me install their app and take pictures of my pre and post loads. Their engineering team determined through the app that the cycles were working as designed and the pictures showed I was loading properly. However the dishes, particularly spoons and knives, were not clean. I told them this was not acceptable; I was used to Miele and never had problems like this before. In fact, even my daughter’s cheap apartment Whirlpool DW cleaned better than this. It was Melissa who then offered to buy back their machine because I was not absolutely satisfied with the performance. In case customer service doesn’t help you, here is her contact info: Melissa Hollis, Advocate Team, direct phone:(608)441-5887, Melissa.hollis@subzero.com

My understanding is that SZ has cut back on some of their workforce due to the Covid pandemic. Hopefully you will get the assistance you need to get your refund. Good luck.

• maryjoyw40
    3 years ago

Thank you so much for this. I also felt my cheap builder's dishwasher in our first house 40 years ago did a better job than this one. I shouldn't have let them talk me out of my tried and true Miele!

• upscale39
    3 years ago

We purchased a new home last year and we decided to replace all the previous major appliances in the kitchen. I love the Subzero company and it's history but after much research, we first landed on a Bosch Benchmark dishwasher. We knew others who had a different model type and how quiet it was. So we ordered it before moving in and after 4 months there was just no answer to when one would be available in our area. The reps had told us there were thousands and thousands of back orders due to covid and lots of people staying home and renovating creating a back log. So we decided to go with the Cove dishwasher instead. Granted there didn't seem to be much by way of reviews like other brands, which only carries so much weight in our decision making anyway, and we couldn't be happier.

Despite the issues others seem to be having, we are not having any trouble at all. We love it. It's super whisper quiet, I love the little light that shines on the floor to show you where the dishwasher is in the cycle. We love the 3 rows of adjustable/sturdy racks for loading. I have tested it out on several cycles and for us this machine works like a charm. We've had no issue with the cleaning, dishes are spotless and there's no food residue- we use the top rack for flatware only ( no water stains as we use the Finish brand items recommended) and the baskets for utensils. Granted we don't load our washer with a bunch of food on our plates, we do give them a quick rinse first and we have never had to run hot water ahead of time. The stainless steel panel looks perfect in our beautiful kitchen and it's easily cleaned with a stainless cleaner and soft cloth. The handle ( Pro) is sturdy and looks great and there is a reassuring click that the door is secure. I don't find knocking on the door ( Miele) to open it anything but a gimmick. Also, if you need to have the door open to finish drying then your machine isn't doing it's job IMO. I did connect the dishwasher app on my phone like other machines have so that I can remote start or check on it's status from afar. Customer service, a big selling point for us, has been great even with just simple questions ( central time). We did not feel that the cost would be a factor, we were most concerned with having a great dishwasher that did what it was professed to do and customer service was a big selling point ( after hearing about the issues friends had with their Miele parts and service). We are looking forward to getting a Subzero frig and Wolf stove next as we feel very confident in the brand.

• Carlos Rojas
    3 years ago

Thanks for the review. We ordered a Cove but arrived damage, so now we are waiting. We have a 36" wolf Range, the burners are great, but the oven we have had issues with the blue finish. It got damage in the clean cycle, it was replaced. Then turn oven to 500 degrees and also got damage, we can still use the oven, just doesn't look as good.

• M
    3 years ago

It doesn't look so good ... and every so often there are sharp bits of glass in your food. I'd insist on a replacement or buy back.

• tfellowes
    3 years ago

Im updating my review - for the last 5 months out of the 10 this has been installed it makes a grinding noise on the drain cycle. its extremely loud. IT also shuts off and give the error code for “drain is blocked” i then clean the filter put it back and it then turns back on. We have to rinse the dishes. I paid $175 to have a plumber pull it out and check the drains. no problem. Still makes the noise. I live 5 hours from the nearest certified cove repair person. ITs working we clean the filter every 3 days (there are 2 of us so its not working overtime) but the loud noise is still there. Im afraid its going to break. Otherwise it works great. I broke my golden rule - never buy a new product in its early years. The saving grace is Sub Zero continues to work with us and once winter is over they are sending someone from a farther away town to come and look at ti and bring a pump with them in case it needs to be replaced. We are on a well but we have soft water so thats not it. I would only buy a Cove is i lived in a major centre. I could have got a Bosch or Miele for half the price and jsut replaced it when it broke.

• M
    3 years ago

My Miele dishwasher was giving me rather mysteriously confusing problems after about 5+ years, and they sound a little like the problem you are seeing with your Cove. I tried everything and couldn't make sense of it. I was about to schedule a technician, when I found a suggestion online to check the backflow valve. It's accessible from inside the sump area underneath the filter. If you know where to look, it take 30s to take it out and clean it.

That temporarily fixed the issue, but it kept coming back. Turns out, the gaskets in the valve were worn out. They aren't meant to be replaced, but you can replace the entire valve assembly. Not cheap at about $40, but also not prohibitively expensive. Ever since I installed a new valve, everything has been back to normal.

I wonder if you are experiencing a similar problem with the Cove. Contamination of some poorly accessible gasket, valve, or tubing could certainly explain all of your problems. I don't know how to access all the components in your particular model, nor do I know for certain that it actually has a backflow valve. But that's where I'd start looking.

• HU-969925625
    3 years ago

I purchased a Cove dishwasher in November 2020. It is a beautiful machine with sturdy racks, beautiful stainless exterior but ended up working with Subzero's advocate team for a buy back. It didn't clean well. Left food and streaks on glassware and did not dry well. Subzero had me take pics and told me to run the water until hot which is ridiculous. I instead purchased the top of the line Thermador dishwasher (made by Bosch) and it is fantastic! My dishes have never been so clean and dry and it doesn't take 3 hours! Love it.

• Caroline Hamilton
    3 years ago

Thumbs down to the Cove dishwasher. It does not clean dishes well to the point where you have to really clean them before you load them. If I am going to do that I might as well handwash them. The Bosch does a far better job IMO.

• zaidelja
    3 years ago

We had the exact opposite experience- so much happier with the Cove than the Bosch it replaced!

• Josephine Rappa Lombardo
    3 years ago

Im so sad to read all of these comments. We redid our whole house and since we went with Sub-Zero and wolf we decided to give the cove a shot since everyone was taking so highly about the engineering of it. Well I have never been so disappointed. My cheap $400 worked better when I was living in an apartment that was supplied with all dishwasher. To spend this money and not have it work properly is just so disappointing. It IS quiet and pretty but the wash and dry are just horrific. My dishes all come out with water stains, the amount of water left once the cycle is over is astonishing. Puddles of water and every single dish is wet, some saturated with looks of water on top. Even the inside of the machine is still wet. I’ve tried tabs, liquid detergent, use a drying agent so I don’t understand why it’s so bad. I called and they sent a repair person who said almost 10 different error codes popped up. They came back to “fix” it and it still didn’t work properly. Got sub zero to send me a new one which I was happy about but still nervous. Low and behold- dishes and the machine are still soaking wet after a full cycle. So disappointed and now I am worried I am stuck with this over $2,000 piece of junk. If it doesn’t get better im hoping they will buy my machine back like others have said. I just hope if that my last option they don’t give me an absurdly low amount for a brand new machine. So upset about this 😔

• Chany Lefkowitz
    3 years ago

Josephine,

Please relax... I have two Cove dishwashers in my home and it took me a while to figure out why one was washing amazingly while the other one didnt and behaved similar to your description. It ended up being an installation issue. Please have the Cove Team come by to check into this. My GOOD cove is Amazing! It washes pots and pans to perfection and my glassware looks brand new. I especially like the Pots and Pans cycle and use only the Cascade Complete Tabs. I find that the other brands just dont do it. Let me know how it goes for you!

• upscale39
    3 years ago

I'm sorry to hear others are still having issues with the Cove dishwasher. Since my last comment mine is still working perfectly. No issues with drying or food. Granted I always rinse my dishes first. You either take care of the food before the dishes go in or have to keep checking the filter later for food residue and cleaning it out- I prefer not having to fiddle with the filter if possible. Making sure the dry cycle isn't OFF is key and also I have continued to try all different cycles and my dishes and flatware come out super smooth and clean. I use Finish products and also Finish salt in the bottom well. Its' so strange the people are having such widely variable experiences.

• Allison Boucher
    3 years ago

We bought a Cove dishwasher five months ago. We are very unhappy with many aspects. We had to buy both new saucers and new bowls in order to get one day's dishes loaded into it. We are two adults, but we cannot get a full day's dishes loaded. It does not completely use the dishwasher powder "pod", so we need to run it empty to clean out the leftover powder. We had to take out the top silverware shelf so that we could move the middle rack up. Only this way are we able to load our dishes (Dansk). The prongs on the bottom shelf are at such a backward angle that some of the bowls are left with a puddle of water even after running through the dry cycle. It is quiet, but that does not compensate for its loading faults. You need smaller dishes, bowls, and coffee cups and no unusual baking dishes, utensils, etc. Take a look at the load diagrams and you will see that it only works with a few styles. We use stemmed glasses every day, and they take too much room the way the second shelf is designed. And, I don't let the dishes, etc. touch to prevent wear on the finish. This dishwasher handles less than any other dishwasher we have used in the last 50 years. Do not buy. You will be disappointed.

• kaseki
    3 years ago

@Chany Lefkowitz: Can you expand on the installation issue that was discovered affecting your less well functioning Cove?

• kaseki
    3 years ago

@anoop: For years here I have read of dishwasher complaints that were settled, or at least argued, over the detergent to be used. (Finish Quantum has worked well in my presently broken Miele Optima.) review.com makes the common error of not reporting anything related to water hardness, dishwasher detergent used, or other related parameters that might be critical to performance. There is no evidence that they varied them to see the effect on the results. One might argue that a $2k+ dishwasher should be self-adapting to almost any conditions, but this seems to not be the case. So establishing a condition that is known to lead to good results would help one filter out dishwashers that are incompatible with the household operating conditions.

• phenie53
    3 years ago

Someone asked a while back for experiences of people who have owned a Cove for more than a year. I have owned one for a year and a half. In an earlier post about a year ago, I commented that I had to keep turning off the dishwasher at the breaker. It turns out that my control panel was faulty, and this was fixed about 6 months ago. Since that time, I have not had any error codes. I find the dishwasher holds far less than other brands, both on the middle rack (for glasses) and the lower rack (for plates and bowls). The plate tines are so closely placed that I end up putting plates in every other slot so they get clean. And there is no flexibility to put casserole dishes or corning wear in the lower rack without folding down all the tines, thereby not being able to use the rest of the "bowl" rack. Regarding the detergent, my manual says to only use the Finish brand. However, the plastic packets sometimes don't dissolve all the way.

While Wolf/SubZero products are solid, they farm out their digital components, which was the case with both the Wolf oven that had a faulty digital component and needed replacing right from the start and the Cove dishwasher. Once both digital components were replaced, they have worked fine. In re the Wolf oven, I was told by Wolf that the blue interior should never be cleaned, as it cannot stand up to the high heat. This was also the case (as I learned from experience, unfortunately) with the blue interior of the Kitchenaid oven I had previously owned.

All in all, both are working fine, but I wish I'd purchased another brand of both the oven and dishwasher.

• bdesignor
    3 years ago

We are just finishing up on our kitchen reno project - appliances to be installed on Monday. We spent an enormous amount of time researching appliances and ended up choosing Wolf/SubZero for everything. On Friday, we got a call from the dealer telling us our brand new Cove dishwasher has been recalled - this after ordering these appliances last year and having them in storage since November…..due to pandemic issues our project was delayed until January. Bottom line - we now have no dishwasher…. It’s early but the dealer was given no info as to why the Cove was recalled - just that it needs to returned to the factory! Now, we are finding all these mostly negative reviews. It is very, very confusing. We were excited about the.Cove because it will at h our other SZ/Wolf appliances with the pro handle and SS and the features such as a dual pump filtration, quiet operation, three arm wash system were very attractive. Now we read these reviews …. Yikes! Any comments on the recall would be appreciated…..

• M
    3 years ago

If you have the option, switch your order to Miele. Similar price, but proven technology. If you buy an integrated model, you can hide the dishwasher and don't have to worry about matching design language.

Not need to agonize about what ifs. Doesn't matter why the Cove is recalled.

If you can't get a Miele, then some of the Bosch dishwashers are nice, too. But personally I feel Miele gets you more bang for the buck -- even with the rather hefty surcharge that they demand in the US as compared to buying the same model in Europe.

• Kim G
    3 years ago

Totally agree with M. I love my Miele. If you can do a panel ready then you can buy a subzero handle to match the rest of you appliance if you want. I did panel ready and used the same handle as my base cabinets.

• HU-969925625
    3 years ago

Love love my Thermidor star sapphire. Made by Bosch. Has the new volcanic drying system.

• jw687
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I agree with the negative reviews here - the Cove was the worst dishwasher I have ever owned. We purchased one about a year ago and had many problems with it. (1) It did not clean the dishes well. We rinse dishes before putting them in and they would come out looking like they had barely been cleaned, and with whatever small amounts of food may have been on them redistributed onto the other dishes. We tried all combinations of cycles, rinsing, etc. but nothing helped. (2) The dishes were never dry, even after trying all combinations of dry cycles and rinse aid. (3) The stainless steel used on the door is cheap stainless that does not look nearly as pretty as the stainless on our Wolf oven, and shows every fingerprint and drop of water. Cleaning it with stainless steel cleaner doesn't take away the streaks. (4) It is very hard to load the dishes. The prongs are not tall enough or are at the wrong angle as compared to other dishwashers. If you are considering buying the Cove, take a sample of your dishes to the showroom first to see if they fit.

Our appliance dealer sent a repair person who said nothing was wrong. After seeing these reviews, I regret not contacting Cove directly at the time but we didn't have the benefit of these reviews, and because of the pandemic we were in a panic over being able to get any replacement dishwasher at all, especially with our college aged kids being unexpectedly back at home.

We hated the Cove so much that we gave it to our appliance installer in return for his removing it and replacing it with high-end Kitchen Aid (for half the price of the Cove). Like our past Kitchen Aids, it cleans well, dries well, is easy to load, and doesn't show fingerprints.

• lch8497
    2 years ago

I did a complete kitchen renovation and had all SubZero/Wolf appliances installed in the fall of 2020, including a Cove dishwasher. Interesting to read so many different opinions! To my dismay given the cost of these appliances, I have needed service on the Wolf double oven, microwave and warming drawer - multiple trips on all of them, so disappointing! But all seems good for now. My ongoing complaint about the Cove dishwasher is water spots on the flatware, no matter what I do. They spot where the flatware touches the racks, and at this point, not sure what more can be done that I haven’t tried. I have switched from Finish to Cascade tablets, and I think that helped, but still spots. I also put the knives in the lower level baskets, and that has helped with the knives spotting. I have had great luck with the Quick cycle - dishes come out very clean and acceptably dry in 58 minutes! I have never had an issue with the dishes/glassware not being sparkling clean on any cycle, and sometimes I rinse them, sometimes I don’t. When I called customer service to try to resolve the flatware issue, they definitely emphasized that I shouldn’t rinse the dishes, go figure. I am surprised to read the reviews that said the dishes weren’t dry at all - I also have no complaints about that. There are options to add drying time for those of you having issues, but I am guessing you have tried that. I LOVE how this dishwasher loads from front to back, rather than side to side, and my dinnerware (both every day dishes and fine china) fits great! As someone else suggested, maybe it’s a good idea to bring a few of your dishes to the store to see how they fit, because there are so many shapes/sizes. I also love the adjustable tines on the middle rack and the inside lighting. This dishwasher definitely holds more than my previous KitchenAid. I have a Miele in my basement. It does a great job of cleaning, so-so on drying, but is a definite challenge to arrange the dinnerware. The flatware cleans very well in the top rack on the Miele. From examining it closely, seems like the forks/knives, etc manage to sit between the flatware dividers, rather than touching them. I think Cove just needs to figure out how to redesign that top rack better. But definitely disappointing that I am having any issue at all given the price of this machine.

• bdesignor
    2 years ago

I appreciate all the comments. As to whether we had an option to choose another brand - we definitely did. The recall is based on only a “very small” number of complaints that Cove had concerning recent units coming off the production since the beginning of the year in regards to a “noise” detected during operation. Our unit has been in storage since November and “should not” be affected but the issue can be fixed without removal in the field if our unit is part of the recall- they are still reviewing serial numbers affected. Our dealer has been extremely up front with all our purchases and claims they have sold hundreds of Coves and have had no complaints like we are reading about on this forum. We have been without a kitchen for over four months while we do our renovation. In fact, the plumber is here today finally finishing the bathroom and butler pantry sink. So many delays due to COVID related issues! Our option was to wait another two months for either sending the Cove back for factory repair or ordering another brand of dishwasher. The Miele was something we seriously considered but Miele service is an hour and a half away so that was a concern. We have the SZ/Wolf steam oven, M series, 42” French door refrigerator, an XO wine storage unit (we could not fit a 24” SZ into our design but we also usually drink our “stock” fairly quickly), a Sharp microwave drawer, and Speed Queen TR 5 washer/dryer. Everything matches. We have basically one source for service and we called them to get their independent opinion. My daughter has Kitchen Aid and has a problem putting her silverware in the third row cutlery tray. Additionally, there are many times when the load has not dried(I always need to dry middlebrow glassware) and times when food remains on dishware. We looked at the showroom Cove again and saw how the tines could be adjusted (wider for thicker dishes, tilted to handle taller stemware, basket height adjustable for taller items, and great lighting. Additionally, there are two pumps that filter water. And the exterior will match exactly our SZ/Wolf. Not sure why someone mentioned they don’t use the stainless steel…..our dealer told us it was the same? In this day and age, it is hard to know what to believe. We spent an enormous amount of time reading forums like these (although I will admit, I didn’t see the negative overeviewsuntil I saw this thread). We may get burned but we opted to take immediate delivery of our original Cove (next Wednesday). I am sure there are those among you that think we are nuts. But we have so many fits and foos during this project - it’s the little things here at the end that are driving us crazy…… we just caved and went with it! Between the tile we picked (tiler did not really know how to install expensive tile) to the sinks we picked (the countertop guys did a negative reveal and the cutting boards designed for our Ruvati workstation sink did not fit and to be shaved In order to fit), to our laundry room - the sink is designed so deep and the faucet cannot be bolted because there is no room for a screw! The waterline for the refrigerator had to be redone because contrary to specs, the approved appliance installers needed it refitted…the powder room tile buckled because the adhesive dried before sections of tile were applied (another fancy tile that the installer was not used to). All of this seems like small potatoes but all together caused more delays and rescheduling of trying to get already busy subcontractors back into the house - we have one here today (Saturday) and have had workmen here almost every weekend - even on Sundays- since we started demolition in January. Our quartzite tile backsplash was cracked which we didn’t catch until the painter came to retouch the powder room sink post installation - since we could not see it behind the faucet we just had him silicone it and let it go before brining them back to rip it out (yikes) and redo it. I guess we would have switched brands if things weren’t so topsy turvy. Our general contractor was pretty much amazing considering the amount of work we had but you can’t anticipate the unexpected. But seriously, we found we needed to be experts in all areas to catch things! Cross our fingers and pray the Cove is not the coup de gras!

• bdesignor
    2 years ago

Just a post script - we were also told that Cove (sub zero Wolf) is so cautious that their response to. Potential problem that will blacken their name is usually over the tops and beyond what most manufacturers would do. Our dealer told us GE did not even alert the dealer when they discovered their dishwashers were catching on fire! Sure, I know, that may not ensure we get the performance out of Cove that we paid for but I know we will be on high alert to monitor ours. And rest assured, I will repost to give you the outcome.

• Paul Doland
    2 years ago

Disappointed to hear people say that their Cove dishwasher doesn't wash that well. I was intending on buying a Miele, but, supply chain woes. Not available. Same for Bosch. So, I asked the salesman what he actually had that was comparable to Miele and he said Cove. I liked that it had salt water softener option which I liked. I liked the racks it had. And it looked quality, so I purchased. Due to arrive Friday. Note that one possible way to improve dishwashing quality is to add small amount of liquid or powder dishwasher soap to the bottom to be used in the prewash. This helped my LG clean better before it died. I also used citric acid in a rinse cycle after most every load to keep the machine clean. I will do this as well with the Cove.

• anoop
    2 years ago

Paul — Curious how long was the wait for a Miele?

• lch8497
    2 years ago

Good luck, Paul! I am building a house in FL, and despite my issue with the silverware spotting, I bought another Cove. I thought long and hard, but like you, I appreciated the built-in softener, the sturdiness and quality of the racks, the lighting - it has a lot going for it. And mine does clean and dry every bit as well as my old KitchenAid and my lower lever Miele.

• mark1993
    2 years ago

We have a Cove in our new build. It has performed exceedingly well. Glasses are spotless, plenty of interior room, and quiet.

• rwelwood
    2 years ago

We've had our Cove dishwasher for 18 months. We like the adjustable racks and utensil trays, the interior lighting, and the virtually silent operation. We ordered the built-in water softener and use Cascade Platinum pods and rinse aid. Glasses come out spotless. Just after receiving an email recall notice we phoned the local service company; their technician came to correct it within an hours. Overall, we are very pleased.

• Paul Doland
    2 years ago

The wait for a Miele was a couple of months. I got cold feet on the Cove and switched to a Bosche 800 with Crystal Dry but no water softener. I wanted a Benchmark with the sofener but I would have to wait again. so I got the 800. Some people are happy with their Cove but I got cold feet

• hrieber
    2 years ago

We had a Miele on order for our remodel. We knew in December that they were putting a pause on the manufacture of their dishwashers (and coffee makers). I decided to wait a bit to see what news we got after the new year. Last week my salesperson recommended just ordering something else. Miele told them that they are off the whole month of January and when they start back up they will be fulfilling current backed up orders before taking any new orders. Mine wasn’t even on their “backed up orders” list from my order in November. They could give no ETA at all for when I could possibly get one. So she recommended a Cove which I was excited about until I read some of the reviews here. It isn’t supposed to be in until July, but I will try to post my experience then.

• kaseki
    2 years ago

I find this problem space fascinating. We seem to have three groups: Those that reported clean dishes, those that reported dirty dishes, and a group of one that reported that of two Coves that were installed, one produced clean dishes and one did not. The latter dishwasher, however, was reported to have had an "installation problem" that was fixed. No description of the corrective action was reported.

Two Coves presumably on the same water and same detergent with different results limits the possible causes of a failure to clean properly. Different hot vs. cold hookups? One machine not leveled? One drain improperly configured, or one drain is to a garbage disposal and one to a standpipe? Drain check valve not installed correctly in one? Something that was supposed to be configured during installation that was forgotten? Some of these faults on the dirty dish group's machines would be expected to be caught by the data collected that led to Cove buy-backs.

So I wait eagerly for some information that can reduce risk of having a bad experience.

• ifoco
    2 years ago

It's interesting reading all the various comments both positive and negative about the same product. I've had my Cove dishwasher a little over a month. After waiting and waiting for the Bosch with no end to the waiting, I switched and bought a Cove. It did cost more but I have a 5 yr warranty and additional 1 year for using an authorized installer who did the installation as it should be. I never much cared for the Bosch as it was a pain to load; didn't hold much because my dishes just didn't fit very well. I ordered it because the devil you know is better than the devil you don't! I'm very happy it didn't arrive in a timely matter which made me decide to switch to Cove. I'm exceedingly happy. Some happiness is due to having to hand wash dishes for close to a year but mostly because the Cove is IMHO a superior dishwasher.

I bought the water softener model. I do NOT rinse dishes before.. I scrape and load them. I run it when it's full which means it can sit for two or three days. I do not use the rinse and hold function. Generally I use the quick wash. Other times I use the Auto wash before I go to bed. I try to use a minimum amount of detergent so as not to etch my glasses and use rinse aid. My glasses are sparking. The dishes, pans, and silverware are spotless. I like all of the various abilities to adjust tines, racks etc. and the fact that at a glance you know where you can make adjustments since all movable parts are in bright green. It is unbelievably quiet, don't even hear water sloshing or gurgling. I love the red dot on the floor indicating it's running; green when finished. I have Zero complaints about the Cove dishwasher

Inga

• bdesignor
    2 years ago

Sure post your commelnts ee have well water too and have soft water whole house treatment … but we opted yo get the cove soft water tx option we wete glad we did

• bdesignor
    2 years ago

Brw - one year outvob ghe Coce expetience - phenomensl best dishwasher that i ever used the lighting, the rack loafability, snd hhe vleaniness is best bst none had to ectend yhe dryibg option yo get dtied pkaryics but my foshes are not only clean but gleamibg high end wine glasses are gleaming plastics come out completely dry no toweling required this d one of the best didhwadhers i ever had!

• hrieber
    2 years ago

Bdesignor - you either have a serious issue with your keyboard or you need to proofread your comments. They are almost indecipherable.

• ifoco
    2 years ago

I think it's part Danish, Swedish and something else:))

• User
    2 years ago

Let's play a game. Let's try and correct @bdesignor post:

Original:

Brw - one year outvob ghe Coce expetience - phenomensl best dishwasher that i ever used the lighting, the rack loafability, snd hhe vleaniness is best bst none had to ectend yhe dryibg option yo get dtied pkaryics but my foshes are not only clean but gleamibg high end wine glasses are gleaming plastics come out completely dry no toweling required this d one of the best didhwadhers i ever had!

Corrected:

[Brw] - one year [outvob] the Cove experience -- phenomenal. best dishwasher that i ever used. the lighting, the rack loadability, and the cleanliness is best, bar none. had to extend the drying option to get dried plastics, but my dishes are not only clean but gleaming, high end wine glasses are gleaming. plastics come out completely dry, no toweling required. this is one of the best dishwashers i ever had!

I only missed 2 words. :)

@bdesignor, please send your next puzzle.

• hrieber
    2 years ago

Anoop - thank you for taking the time to decode that and for a good laugh!

• kaseki
    2 years ago

Brw --> Btw [by the way]; outvob --> of [or] out of [more of a guess for this one]

• Tucker Zoey
    last year

I would like to consider a cove dishwasher. The current model designation for the machine without salt is DW2450. I wonder if Subzero has responded to complaints/issues by making changes in the machine. Could someone please tell me what the model number was when the dishwashers were first sold?

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.

• mark1993
    last year
    last modified: last year

@Tucker Zoey That is the same as our model number.

We have been in our new house for almost 14 months.

• kaseki
    last year

We know that there have been changes, because there was at least one recall. Also, the number of complaints here of less than expected dish cleanliness have tapered off, although there might be other causes. What we don't know are the details behind the past reported issues.

Cove, like the rest of SubZero/Wolf answers their phone. But there have been no reports of any comments by Cove about causes of problems and efforts undertaken to correct them. You are welcome to try.

You get an expensive black box only part of which visible. The warranty is very long. Service is probably available, unlike Miele here in S. NH. Proven defective cleaning results have in the past resulting in Cove taking the unit back.

So, do ya feel lucky?

• User
    last year

Zero stars. Do not recommend a Cove. We replaced a perfectly good Kitchen aid (had 4 years, ZERO issues) with this when we upgraded our appliances to sub Z. Within 3 months of install it stopped draining: "call service" - after 2 months of waiting for service and living with a mildew stench, they came out and determined it needed to be completely rebuilt ("defective") so Sub Zero replaced it with a new one. Well, here we are 6 months later, the pods stopped dissolving completely and now it no longer drains.... "call service". Will request a trade in for thermador or Asko..or IKEA LOL. I wish this on no-one. For the price I paid it is painful to stare at as I stand there doing dishes by hand. Think hard about replacing a dishwasher that isn't broken with one of these ...esp not now with all of the supply chain issues and lack of service pros, repairs/replacements take months. I've heard up to a year.

Updated post to include the model: DW2450 Manufactured 1 year ago, exactly! Happy anniversary! haha

• User W
    8 months ago

Cove is the Worst dish washer experience. Not recommended. We have the Cove dishwasher installed in our new house 3 years ago. We chose Cove just because we thought it would be easier to purchased all appliances from the same company. One month ago it stopped working. Waited for one months and two times if service and issue has not been fixed. Extremely disappointed. Extremely inconvenient without a dish washer.