SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edending17

Help with TV in a Living Room

edending17
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hi! I'm seeking guidance on the appropriate TV placement for our living room. When my husband and I first moved into our home two years ago we were adamant that our living room would remain TV-less. After years of denial, we've finally decided to come to terms with our reality and have decided to go back on our original plans. We're now challenged with the task of putting a TV in our existing space.

Our living room is essentially a long rectangle and opens to a small hallway on one side, which takes you to a coat closet, powder room and laundry room. On the other side is a fireplace with a small entrance off to the side to our kitchen. Along one of the long walls is an opening to our foyer and the wall opposite has a door to the backyard and several windows. We're open to rearranging the furniture but have a very long sofa (its length is roughly the same width as the room itself - it was purchased prior to living in this home), which creates some challenges. We are also trying to avoid placing the TV over the fireplace if at all possible.

We currently have the TV stuffed in a corner, which is nice for viewing from the sofa but means you see a large black screen the moment you walk into the room. Photos included.

Any guidance on what might make the most sense to ensure we still have a workable space and good traffic flow would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm
More Discussions