SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
creativesoapstone

Soapstone -- Making sure you have soapstone

https://www.soapstones.com/2019/05/06/the-biggest-mistake-buyers-make-when-purchasing-soapstone-hint-make-sure-its-actually-soapstone/

I'm so thankful for M. Teixeira for posting this information. I've been doing my best to field calls concerning soapstone that's not actually soapstone for quite a while now. Please be aware and educate yourself concerning soapstone for your project. We understand that choosing the right material can make or break your kitchen project.

I would recommend that you choose a soapstone based on the quality (makeup) of the soapstone vs the "look" of the soapstone. Each soapstone quarry has unique qualities that make it beautiful and functional. The number one reason is how it functions in your home. True soapstone is an incredibly usable stone that gives a lifetime of function without the worry. The quarries that are producing stone right now vary in their look, but it may not be that picture perfect veining that you always dreamed about. Compromise here and you may find that you will enjoy your counter tops much more as you use them each day. Other stones can be fine for your kitchen project, but must be understood that they will not perform like a true soapstone. These stones must be treated like the stone that they are. Many will need to be sealed and can come with challenges that will need to be dealt with appropriately.

I'll be bold and say our Vista and what M. Teixeira calls Ipanema Reserve is one of the most enjoyable soapstones I've worked with in my years of fabricating. There are others, but to date this is my favorite. Yes, this is my opinion, and if I could fabricate this stone for the rest of my career, I would do so in a heartbeat! At our shop we do our best to carry a variety to chose from and do search our options to continue to carry the very best the market has to offer. As M. Teixeira has stated in their information we are here for you as well if you have any questions. Hope this helps! -- Joshua.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022