SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary_kate11

Long time reader, first time..

Mary Kate
4 years ago

Haha it’s like those call in shows. ‘Hello long time listener, first time caller..’.

Not really though. As I’ve posted many times over the years. Always how to encourage the hummers. What to grow. How to coax. I’d get one or two sightings a year. But no real activity.

I put my feeder up earlier this week. Yesterday I saw my first hummer of the year. It’s still been rather chilly. But we’ve had some warm days.

Typically - for me - that one sighting will be it for the day. I might be lucky enough to catch a shy glimpse later on in the day. But I have a neighbour who has a beautifully landscaped oasis (all done with harsh chemicals and storebought red nectar *cringe*. I tried to tell her that home made is so much better but she was having none of my ‘hippy dippy dandelions on my lawn ways. But I digress. )

i ended up seeing a hummer 4 times yesterday! AND an oriole! I’ve NEVER had an oriole before!

So for for mother’s day I went out and bought myself two more feeders. Filled them up and put them out the kitchen window so I could see them.

Two more this morning! And the oriole is back. So I’m going to go buy him a feeder today.

Pictures to come, when I’m not so freaking excited I can’t find my phone. Lol.

I have hummers!!!

Comments (7)