SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_48651115

How can I make this bathroom less brown?

User
4 years ago

I just bought a house with this bathroom. It is new and in very good shape, but extremely not my taste. The walls are a light brownish tan, and there is just a lot of brown everywhere. (The window in the shower also needs to be waterproofed, have tempered glass, etc.)

The rest of the house will be painted in a very Farrow & Ball palette: dusty pinks, golden yellows, deep grey-blues, etc. Our taste is along the lines of "vintage eclectic," with folks like House of Brinson serving as major inspiration for the rest of the house.

The bathroom is in good enough shape that a full renovation isn't in the cards for now, so the tile and floor are the main obstacles here. You can't see the floor but it is a similar color palette to the rest of the room. We could eventually swap out the mirror, vanity, and the bulky wooden shelf you see in the top left. We will probably replace the light fixture. We will definitely be painting and using a lighter shower curtain (but what colors?).

Understanding that this won't become a dream bathroom until we can replace the tile, what can we do to make it more appealing in the mean time?

Comments (13)