SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_660794981

asbestos tile under carpet

Krystal Kuhn
4 years ago
Hi everyone! This is kind of a long story.

So I encountered a problem while we were getting our carpet installed. After the installers pulled back the old carpet they found tiles underneath. They informed me that they could be asbestos tiles since they were 9x9. They called their supervisor to see if they could pull out the old tack strips. Our new carpet is the tape kind so they weren’t too worried. The supervisor said it was okay so they got to work. I was a little worried but figured they knew what they were doing.

I was in the backyard with my dogs and heard all kinds of banging. They were NOT gentle removing the old tack strips. This caused all the tiles against the wall the crack/ break. I had a mini panic attack because I know asbestos tiles are safe if unbroken but now all along the edge they are broken. They told me it’s okay we’re putting tape down. They put duct tape and then the carpet tape over the breaks.

If this going to cause me any problems? Will the tape contain those broken tiles well enough?

Thank you for any advice. I’m super worried about my dogs sniffing around the edges.

Krystal

Comments (2)