SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adrianaxoxo

Bluestar Range gas leak issue

adrianaxoxo
4 years ago

Has anyone else had a gas leak issue on a Bluestar or any other newish range?

My 36" natural gas Bluestar range developed a gas leak last week. The utility company confirmed that leak was coming from connection between the gas regulator and the gas pipe that sits on the left side top underneath the grates. He said he has seen that happen in old ranges but never one that is just under 4 years old and it was probably just shoddily put together. As a result they issued a red tag and my gas was shut off. Called Bluestar and they set up a service call with a repair company to come out and look at it.

Backstory, this is my 2nd Bluestar range as the first one ( @ year old) was replaced by Bluestar because there was a carbon monoxide leak with the first. I've had to replace the oven ignitor twice and the bottom plate kit aka flame spreader which was laying at the bottom of the stove with every single rivet snapped off. There is also a recall and subsequent fix to address the convection fan issue while preheating or broiling both which can cause a buildup of gas and a fire in the oven.

Also, speaking of convection fans, mine is very loud. Because of that I barely use it.

The service company repair person who put in the recall fix also noticed that it was really loud and asked if it always sounds like that. They said they would report it to Bluestar but I haven't heard from either of them.

Comments (15)