SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
just_terrilynn

Pease help with three update ideas for an old kitchen.

just_terrilynn
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello all! I need help choosing a 3 or 4 inch backsplash tile that will add some zing. Also, what to with the ugly patchy look base cabinet doors? And, possibly need a new black sink.

I’m taking off the 4“ inch backsplash and replacing with an undetermined 3“ or 4“ backslash. But what? In total that long run is 19’ so anything too dark will not look right. Since the faucet is gold tone perhaps something with a bit of metallic without being a metal tile? The counter stools are also gold tone. I will not be tiling all the way up.

I sort of like these but I’m not sure.

*Note: backsplash missing in parts due to new window resizing.

I was told this is a cherry kitchen. I have never seen one like this. HATE how some of the doors are so patchy. Is there a way to fix that through stain or gel stain? Should I just order new matching but better quality mitered doors for those areas and match stain? I will not paint them.

Sinks…I no nothing of non-stainless type sinks. When I was in Europe last I saw some very sexy cool drop-in sinks in black. The one I really loved had a small drainboard on one side. I have no idea what it was made of. I imagine I can’t use a European brand that is not made for the U.S? The sink I have now is 36 ¾’’ total across. It’s not centered to the new windows and wish I could find a black drop-in single bowl 43’’ total that included a nine or ten inch right side drainboard but I think there is no such thing. Ideas?

For my style preference I have included the dining room off to the side. This picture of the kitchen before new windows shows the gold tone counter stools . Older picture of the living room before minor changes but you get the idea.

Kitchen before new windows but it shows gold tone stools.

Living room before new rug

Comments (66)