SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
morganf19

Help needed: Ficus Audrey and Camo 'bachia (w/ pics)

morganf19
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Needing some diagnostic and care help for two of my plants (pics below):

-Camouflage Dieffenbachia: This plant looked pretty rough when I bought it from the nursery and I figured most of the brown spots (in the middle of the leaves, first pic) were from mishandling. However, as the new leaves are growing in, some of them are growing with brown spots on them as they are coming out of the stem. I can't find any info online for why this is happening, nor can I find if this is an infection of some sort. This guy is pushing leaves like crazy (most of which are not bruised) so he seems otherwise healthy. I just want to stop this bruising on these brand-new leaves. I've included pics of the leaves that are growing in browned as well as one of the leaves that had a spot when I got it. Sorry they're blurry, I clearly need to work on my plant photography skills.

-Ficus Audrey: I'm assuming this leaf browning is from under-watering but I was told not to keep the soil too moist and let it dry pretty significantly between watering. I love this little guy so I don't want to drown him. He's growing new leaves like crazy at the top and seems otherwise healthy. These are the third and fourth from the bottom leaves to start doing this, another three have already fallen off. I've had it since Feb. and lost a total of 5 leaves (including the ones pictured) in this manner. He's only got one stem and not many leaves to begin with so I don't want to lose too many more but maybe this is just what happens as the plant ages?? Help! (water on the leaves is from where I was cleaning them, I never let water sit on the leaves and always dry thoroughly after cleaning)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida