SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ajcn

WAY too many cleaning products! Please help me whittle down.

AJCN
5 years ago

This snuck up on me and now I have WAY too many different cleaning products. We just remodeled all our bathrooms, and the kids are old enough now that they do most of their own cleaning, But with the mish-mash of different products I'm afraid they (or DH) will grab the wrong thing and ruin something. I'm hoping some of the products can do double, triple or quadruple duty so I can cull the herd significantly.

I prefer things I can just buy in the regular grocery store, but I can make some products if it's easy and effective. We do have a whole house water softener, so I hopefully that will help with water spotting.

To start, it'll help me if I know what the best product is for each type of surface, and if some products can handle multiple areas. Then I'll know what to use and can throw away the rest.

Woodfloors

Granite and quartzite counters (Kitchen)

Marble counters (Master bath)

Quartz counters (Kids' baths)

Painted surfaces (cabinetry, trim, doors, walls)

Enameled sinks

Chrome faucets and fixtures

Ceramic and porcelain tiles with grout

Acrylic bathtubs

Glass shower enclosure (in the Master there is glass enclosure, porcelain floor and walls, but there is marble on the pony wall and the curb, so I htink I have to be careful not to get glass cleaner on the marble)

Toilets (currently using scrubbing bubbles on a wand that you flush)

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting