SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maddymwm

Am I being ripped off? Caesarstone Jumbo Costs

We chose a jumbo Attica 3cm slab and ordered it through our Tile Store. The price was $2481 plus tax, charged to our Visa. A couple of days later, Tile Store informed us that Caeserstone told them that 3cm slabs were special ordered and we would have to pay for shipping from Israel. If we wanted to change to 2cm, the Tile Store said the rep would give us a discount because of the confusion and mis-information. The 2cm slab is normally $1971, but Caesarstone Rep would give it to us for $1578. Great! We went back to the showroom (we live in LA) to pick a slab and then reconsidered and decided to change our order to a 2cm jumbo slab of Calacatta Nuvo. (We got it, it was installed, it is beautiful). I contacted Tile Store asking them to send me a new invoice. Tile Store Guy said that the slab we ended up with - 2cm Calacatta Nuvo Jumbo - cost $2900, so it was pretty much a wash .

MY QUESTION: Does a 2cm jumbo Calacatta Nuvo slab really cost $1,000 more than a 2cm jumbo Attica slab (which was the material they offered to sell us for $1578) and $500 more than a 3cm jumbo slab? BTW, the countertop is now installed and it is lovely and perfect and we are so happy there's no seam! We like the Calacatta Nuvo very much. THANK YOU FOR READING ALL THE WAY TO THE END!

Comment (1)