SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
k_lud

Decorating an office with desks against wall?

Catherine L
4 years ago

We have a pretty typical "bedroom" style room set up as an office - the room is about 12 x 14 with windows centered on two walls and a french-door closet. The desks are against the wall flanking the window on a wall across from the closets. And that's it... There's nothing else in the room. At this point, my plan is to get two matching sit-stand desks and put them both up against the wall in these corners (they basically take up the space from the corner to the edge of the window - and face away from the door into the room). Thoughts on what to do with the remainder of the room? Right now it just feels very empty. I've thought about getting a writing desk to put in the middle of the room to take up space and add writing surface (since both desks are pretty well occupied with dual monitors, etc.) - but it isn't necessary and I'm wondering if there are any more practical ideas for the space? The closet is going to be outfitted with 2 file drawers and bookshelves above in a center tower, and then clothing hanging space on either side so it'd be easily converted back to a bedroom closet.

Comments (9)