SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

Progress...Office painted - my desk area set up

ttodd
14 years ago

Well our Office/ Playroom is all painted and here are the 1st pic's of my desk area (it's the only area that's clutter free and organized at this time).

{{gwi:1555870}}

The wall color is BM Jonesboro Cream. I am very, very plesed w/ it! I've ordered taupe faux silk curtains from JC Penney. DH bought the large frame for me last wknd or the wknd before at IKEA for my winter scene tree print that I've had stored for a yr. behind my buffet in the DR.

DH's great grandfather made the desk. I use it for letter writing and all of my decorating stuff. Each little bin thing holds paint chips and swatches along w/ a deck of cards and note cards. Oh, and miniature books that my mom buys me.

During get together's it serves as a drink station. Living in a house that has small rms. I also found that drop leaf desks serve very well as a side table in the LR in addition to desk/ drink/ food station when needed!

DH brought the chair home for me maybe a yr. ago from work. It was a piece that they fixed and refinished but the owner never came back for it despite multiple attempts at notification over a period of 2yrs. I'm thinking that a nice grey/ brown velvet w/ small nailhead trim in silver or nickel would look really nice for the seat.

The apothecary lamp is over 10yrs old and was stored in our attic because something broke and the light part kept flopping down. DH fixed that for me a few months ago. The light is nice because I don't have to move a light off of the desk when I want to close it.

The silver container holds office supplies and the jar on top holds rocks and feathers that DS1 finds and gives to me.

The only thing that wasn't handed down or on clearance or at least 1/2 off are the lamp (Wal-Mart buy can you beieve it? from when I moved out of my parents house) and the IKEA frame.

My future plans are as follows:

Do-able in the very near future:

There is a HUGE blck & white print at IKEA (55 1/2" X 79") of the Eiffel Tower taken from the base up, that I want to hang behind the desk to layer it (the desk will sit in front of it). The pic is so big that it substantially shows on each side and if I position it right will go almost to the ceiling. It will take up most of the wall. I want to hang a picture ledge on the oppossing wall to put the pictures that are currently on the top of the desk and 2 floating shelves that I have from IKEA to hold other items.

Way down the line:

There is an Indoor/ Outdoor rug from Home Decorators that I'd like to get in a taupey tone on tone zebra print.

I will post pics of DH's desk and side of the office once I get that straightened up. Hopefully this week!

********DISCLAIMER********

These pics are staged!!! I have removed all plastic toy bins and kitty litter box that goes beside my desk (YUCK!). My life/ house wouldn't ever look this neat if you randomnly knocked on my door and asked to see. Thanks for looking! :O)

Comments (17)