The Merry Month of May ... what are you reading?
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (114)
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Discussions
Merry Merry Month of May (6 pics)
Comments (14)Rita, Glad you enjoyed them. Looking forward to seeing some of your blooms soon! Jan, It was luck - that daisy is in a clump of three - a red, a yellow and a pink (strange combo but that's the way they were potted and I haven't divided them). Julia, I've been putting in a lot of hours outside too. I try to get as much done as I can before the really hot weather arrives. Debra, I could use a rainy day...it would force me to stay inside and clean house! Chris, It was your pic that convinced me to buy TS. Even though it was rusty last year, I couldn't part with it. missylin, Those begonia's have bronze leaves with white flowers. They are very common here. Mine are watered every other day. I've always planted begonia's in the shade. But I keep seeing huge plantings of them in front of hotels in full sun. This year is an experiment for me. One side of the bed is full sun all day long - we'll see how they do - they may be crispy by August. Kathy...See MoreThe Merry, Merry Month of May...
Comments (16)Sandy, Fenceberry, Connie, Cat, McT, Cyn, Alexa, Carol and Hostahaveum, your comments are so nice to hear! And Manyhosta those are wonderful words for May. Yesterday the sunrise was absolutely beautiful, the sun looked huge and glowing orange, just a nice May morning. Sandy aren't the Knockouts great? My husband swears the pink one has a fragrance but for the life of me I cannot smell it. So now when he exclaims over the scent I just pretend to be able to detect it ;-) Fence so happy to hear my NF enabled you, lol. Niagara Falls is always one of my favorite hostas. Connie and Cat, your words are much appreciated! McT I guess they wouldn't work for you. The Styrax Emerald Pagoda is borderline zone 5. Unless you were to opt for a container to move it to a sheltered spot for winter, just a thought. Cyn, yes I'm seeing the same here, not my Empress Wu yet but others are already sending up their bloom scapes. Everything is so early here this year. Carol, yes I have more :-) Thanks for the kind words, Alexa, Hostahaveum and Carol!...See MoreReading in the merry month of May
Comments (1)Sorry - I looked carefully for a new thread on May, was surprised not to find one, and started my own when I did not. However I now see that there is one after all under the 'maypole' title. It probably works best if we all use the same one, so please let this one fall. I'll move my post over to the other....See MoreMarching right along....what are you reading this month ?
Comments (96)This morning I finished Traveling Alone, a Nordic Noir novel by Samuel Bjork who is actually Frode Sander Oien. I guess that means he's well known enough in Norway to want to hide his identity as an author? Not sure, since they give it away on the back flap of the book cover. In the novel, dead little six-year-old girls are being found hung from trees in various forests. All are dressed in identical doll dresses and are wearing a "Traveling Alone" sign (like the ones they apparently put on children flying without an adult). At this point, you might be wondering why I would be reading such a deeply noir novel, which is a legitimate question. Well, the investigators are very clever and interesting people. Although the book kept me on the edge of my chair, I will probably stay away from this genre in the future....See More- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years agolast modified: 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
- 7 years ago
Related Stories

FEEL-GOOD HOMEIt’s National Book Month — Give Your Reading Spot Some Love
Let these cozy nooks and light-washed corners inspire you to make your reading space special
Full Story
LIFEA Month-by-Month Guide to ‘Downton Abbey’ Withdrawal
Missing Lady Grantham’s zingers? Edith’s furrowed brow? Romance simmering downstairs? Here’s help to get you through until season 6
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGDon't Touch Another Stain Before You Read This
Even an innocent swipe with water may cause permanent damage. Here's what to know about how rugs and fabrics react
Full Story
MONTHLY HOME CHECKLISTSTo-Dos: Your May Home Checklist
Get your house and yard in order now, and you’ll be ready to enjoy the summer days ahead
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESSoutheast Gardener's May Checklist
Bask in the blooms and mind your mulch this month; summer means lots to savor and lots to do in the garden
Full Story
CALIFORNIA GARDENINGCalifornia Gardener's May Checklist
Only one major chore but a plethora of planting possibilities means a delightful month in California gardens
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGTo-Dos: Your May Home Checklist
Dig out that touch-up paint and rotate that mattress in preparation for the lazy days of summer
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESPacific Northwest Gardener: What to Do in May
Take advantage of May's warmth to prune spring blooms and plant vegetables and annuals for a summer bounty
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESSpring Citrus Care Reaps Months of Sweet Rewards
Learn how to tend citrus trees in spring and ways to preserve their delicious fruit
Full Story
KITCHEN APPLIANCESConsidering a New Kitchen Gadget? Read This First
Save money, time and space by learning to separate the helpers from the hassles
Full Story
annpanagain