SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicole_ann9310903

Navy Kitchen - Backsplash help please!

Nicole Ann
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello! I would really appreciate some help choosing the backsplash tiles for my new kitchen.

We are installing a galley kitchen with BM Hale Navy shaker cabinets, gold hardware, and a beautiful quartzite counter. Here's the inspiration:

Poncey Highlands Kitchen Renovation · More Info

Now we need to choose the backsplash. Originally we were thinking white, as I want the kitchen to be nice and bright, especially with the dark cabinetry. Now that we've selected our quartzite counters, they pull a little bit yellow / greenish, so I am concerned that it may not look best with white.

Here's the full slab of our quartzite counter:

Below are our current tile options. Note that the tile person suggested using "Warm Grey" grout, which is shown beneath the tile in each picture. Please help!

Option 1: White trapezoid tile. It can be installed in many patterns (http://www.amestile.com/media/wysiwyg/pdf/productsheets/trapez/TrapezProductSheet.pdf), we liked the pattern in the photo below. Not sure if this pattern would be too busy or somehow clash next to the linear veins in our quartzite counter?

Option 2: Herringbone: We were thinking of a classic herringbone:

Here are the different tiles we're considering for the herringbone:

Thoughts? Any other suggestions? Many thanks in advance!

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!