SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_7838

Eclectic design ideas ok even when selling hous

Mary Jane Gillis
5 years ago

We own a 1983 cape cod house with gunstock oak crown molding and baseboards and wood frames multipane windows and cedar siding.these are the elements I've kept but lean toward a contemporary farmhouse design in our renovations. We started with a new barn red metal roof, closed in the screen porch and made a formal dining room which we finished with painted wood floors, corrugated metal ceilings and a beautiful antique sliding door. We openes the kitchen to the living areas installing a cedar clad beam. I love to mix styles and now we are moving out of state and our biggest renovation the kitchen needs to be completed. I have beautiful wide plank LVT flooring that matches the wood trim. I am installing white cabinets with a Summer Hill Cambria quartz countertop which is lots of gray with white, off whites, and blingy silver speckles. I've already installed a gray island with stainless steel counter so my goal is to bring the decor together with the gray tones from the floor and cabinets and quarts along with the shiny metal from the quartz, stainless, and metal ceilings. I feel confident it's going to be spectacular. Now I need a table for in front of the banquette we will be building on the other side of the kitchen to ass a casual dining area. I really want to use a retro dining table white top with chrome band and legs with some rustic metal chairs. My husband is appalled. Is it a dumb idea? Some pics added.

Comments (4)